Castle Lakes Campground and Cabins
|Visit our Web site castlelakes.tripod.com|
|Castle Lakes Campground and Cabins Location Map|
Camp in the majesty of 14,000 foot mountain peaks and next to our two private fishing lakes. This Majestic forested mountain setting features full RV hookups, tent sites and cabins on 41 acres.
One and two bedroom mountain log cabins with fully equipped kitchens at reasonable rates. In our lodge you will find a recreation room, pool tables, movies, fireplace, general store, laundry, clean hot showers and restrooms. FREE WiFi (high speed internet) hotspot in the lodge and the immediate surrounding area.
NO STATE FISHING LICENSE REQUIRED: Guests can fish on-site in our two beautiful mountain lakes. Well-behaved pets can stay FREE in our cabins and campground.
ENJOY THE AREA: Hiking, biking, 4-wheeling or just relaxing. Bring your ATV/4WD and start riding right from here to the Alpine Loop Backcountry Byway (no need to trailer).
A DAY FULL OF ADVENTURE. View the American Basin, full of incredible wildflowers, on the Alpine Loop National Backcountry Byway to Silverton over Cinnamon pass. Stop and visit ghost towns along the way. Return over Engineer's Pass into Lake City for a trip you will never forget. Make sure your memory card for your camera is empty -- this day trip is sure to fill it!
LOCATION: 9 miles south of Lake City, 4 miles above Lake San Cristobal on Cinnamon Pass Road. Right along the Alpine Loop National Backcountry Byway, keep to the right.
ADDRESS: 8201 County Road 30, Lake City CO 81235
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-944-2622 -- Mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/23 to 10/1
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $60 to $250
- Multi-Night Stay Required: Always required, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 6
- Classic Travel Trailers or Mini-Mobile Homes: 6 (Travel trailer, Pop-up Camper or Mobile Home, set up on-site.)
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Broadcast.
- Number of Channels: 1
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: Most units.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/23 to 10/1
- Tent Camping Rates: $27 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $32 to $35 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $2. Kids: $1.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Electricity Included) On-Season: $550.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 45
- Tent Sites: 5
- Total Sites: 50
- Electric & Water Hookups: 6 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 39 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 45 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 20 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 30
- Elevation: 9200 feet above sea level.
- Region: Lake City - Southwest, Colorado
- Map Location: Property Location Map
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Wood Fireplace. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Arcade Games: On site.
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: There are pet restrictions, please call and make prior arrangements.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In common area.
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Broadcast.
- VCR: Available.
- VCR Movie Library: 1000
- DVD Player: Available.
- DVD Movie Library: 50
- Internet Cafe: 20 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 20
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 20
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 50
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 30
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 10
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 80 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 20 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Museum: 20 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 20 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 20 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 20 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 20 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 80 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 20 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 20 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 20 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 20 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 45 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 20 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 20 minutes drive.