Barr Lake State Park
|Visit our Website|
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a unique combination of activities: wildlife watching, educational programs, boating, hunting, archery, and fishing at Barr Lake State Park. A Wildlife-watcher's paradise, Barr Lake is known as an exceptional wildlife habitat. The Park is a Colorado wildlife refuge and is home to the Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory. A pair of eagles nest in the park each spring.
The southwest side of the lake and the marshes along its edge provide habitat for numerous species of birds, including great blue herons, bald eagles and pelicans. You can watch more than 300 different species of birds from the comfort of a lakeside gazebo, from boat (10 horsepower or less) on the northeast end of the lake, or on the Eagle Express, Barr Lake's motorized shuttle trail ride.
Our new Archery Range is open from sunrise to sunset; the range is FREE to use; however, a Park pass is required for entry into the park. There are 12 lanes from 10-100 yards. One Broadhead lane has been installed. Looking to the future the Park plans to add a 3D walking range.
Barr Lake is a DAY-USE ONLY PARK and does not offer camping.
LOCATION: Barr Lake State Park, 13401 Picadilly Road, Brighton CO 80603
For Fishing Conditions; Current Event Dates, and Directions: 303-659-6005
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors.
- Elevation: 5100 feet above sea level.
- Region: Denver Area - North Central, Colorado
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 100
FUN THINGS TO DO
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
Primarily Year Round Activities
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Private Land Unguided Hunting On-Site: Yes.
- Bird Hunting (Turkey, Grouse, Pheasant): Yes.
- Ice Fishing: On site.