Castlewood Canyon State Park
|Visit our Web site|
Castlewood Canyon is a day use park located in the famous Black Forest in central Colorado offering visitors hiking and rock climbing with walls up to 60 feet. This is a unique sightseeing opportunity in an arid and beautiful setting. The ruins of the century-old Castlewood Canyon Dam forms the centerpiece of the park and leads visitors to hiking trails that wind their way into the deepest regions of the canyon. Dramatic canyon walls and the unique ruins make up some of the park's attractions.
Castlewood Canyon State Park is open daily from 8am to sunset for sightseeing, picnicking, hiking, nature study and technical rock climbing. The park is also popular for bird watching and photography. Castlewood Canyon is a day-use park only and does not offer camping.
Castlewood Canyon is a DAY-USE ONLY PARK and does not offer camping.
LOCATION: Castlewood Canyon State Park, 2989 South State Highway 83, Franktown CO 80116
For Current Information Call: 303-688-5242
- Elevation: 6300 feet above sea level.
- Region: Denver Area - North Central, Colorado
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 198
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 396
FUN THINGS TO DO
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
Primarily Year Round Activities
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.