Cherry Creek State Park
|Visit our Website|
Cherry Creek, Denver's backyard playground, offers unlimited recreation anchored around an 850 surface acre lake. The park offers a natural prairie environment of gentle, rolling hills and complete outdoor recreation facilities, camping, group picnic sites and facilities for special events, all in the midst of a busy urban area.
Cherry Creek's trail system will lead visitors around 4,200 acres along several self-guided nature trails for everyone to enjoy year-round. Hikers can expect to see grasslands, cottonwood trees and marshes along the trails. Wildlife watchers can admire the mule deer and great horned owl year round.
Horse owners will find miles of multi-use trails.
The Cherry Creek Marina (303-779-6144) can make a sailor, wind-surfer or water-skier out of the eager-to-learn with lessons and rentals. Boaters will find additional conveniences, such as slip rentals and fuel.
The Family Shooting Center (303-680-5401) is a full-service public outdoor range.
Visa, Mastercard and Discover are accepted.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Cherry Creek State Park, 4201 South Parker Road, Aurora CO 80014
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 303-690-1166
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- RV Sites: 105
- Tent Sites: 30
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 133
- Full Hookups: 105 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 64
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Winterized Sites: 94
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 5550 feet above sea level.
- Region: Denver Area - North Central, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 250
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Marina: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Bike Path: Path starts on site.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.