Cheyenne Mountain State Park
|Visit our Web site|
Situated just south of Colorado Springs, the 1680-acre park flanks Cheyenne Mountain eastern side, a stunning transition from plains to peaks. Cheyenne Mountain opened in 2006 and offers superior recreational opportunities and 20 miles of beautiful, natural surface trails (no pets, please) for hiking and biking. The recent acquisition of the top of Cheyenne Mountain will only add more remarkable terrain for the adventurous to explore in the future!
Wildlife and bird watching opportunities abound at the Park . . . truly a destination for nature lovers and photographers. Be sure to experience an environmental education program, and a naturalist led hike.
Stay sharp and keep the aim true at the Archery Range, featuring a covered shooting line with targets between 10 and 80 yards.
51 full-service campsites, 10 walk-in tent sites, and a camper service building, 41 picnic sites, and a group picnic area with covered pavilion for up to 200 people (call for details).
Drop by the "Trails End" Gift Shop at our Visitors Center, where you'll find Colorado inspired books, gift items, and Cheyenne Mountain State Park apparel and mementos.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Cheyenne Mountain State Park, 410 JL Ranch Heights, Colorado Springs CO 80926
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-576-2016
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Sites: 51
- Tent Sites: 10
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 61
- Pull-Thru Sites: 14
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 38
- Elevation: 6000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Colorado Springs Metro - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested. Ranch setting.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Weddings.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 200
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.