James M Robb-Colorado River State Park
|Visit our Web site|
From Fruita on the west end, to Island Acres on the east end with three stops in-between, this is one park split into five sections. Pack a lunch and enjoy the day along the Colorado River. The park offers great scenery and is a popular area for hiking, biking, picnicking, fishing, and whitewater rafting.
Campsites near the Colorado National Monument and Grand Mesa.
The Park was renamed in 2005 from Colorado River State Park to James M. Robb - Colorado River State Park, in honor of Mr. Robb's contribution to the work he did on the 5 'string of pearls' stops that represent this 1994 state park.
Unique to the park system, James M. Robb - Colorado River State Park is actually five sections of beautiful stops along the Colorado River as it flows through the Grand Junction area. From Island Acres on the east through Corn Lake, Wildlife Area, Connected Lakes and on down the river to Fruita, this remarkable park has redefined what parks are all about. The trail system winds through stands of tall trees and along the banks of this famous and magnificent western river. Visitors stop along the way to enjoy renowned fishing and delightful picnics.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: James M. Robb-Colorado River State Park, PO Box 700, Clifton CO 81520.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-434-3388
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Sites: 118
- Tent Sites: 19
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 137
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 4700 feet above sea level.
- Region: Grand Junction - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 150
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 36
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- State Parks: On site.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Bike Path: Path starts on site.