Crawford State Park
|Visit our Website|
Crawford State Park offers its visitors camping, fishing, water sports, hunting and numerous other leisure time activities in scenic mountainous terrain. The area around the park is almost exclusively cattle country.
As the center of the cattle industry in the North Fork area, the nearby town of Crawford sees hundreds of cows herded down main street on their way either to market or mountain pasture. Ranches and farms still surround the park, drawing water from the same reservoir that provides visitors with so many recreational opportunities year-round. The park's 6,600 ft. elevation guarantees visitors a mild climate at any season. Water recreation includes boating, jet skiing, sail-boarding, water-skiing and on site swim beach.
The famous and spectacular Black Canyon of the Gunnison is only 12 miles from the park. Nearer landmarks visible from Crawford State Park are Needle Rock, Castle Rock and Saddle Mountain. Within the boundaries of Crawford State Park are 337 land acres and the 400-acre reservoir.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Crawford State Park, 4050 Highway 92, Crawford CO 81415
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-921-5721
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Sites: 45
- Tent Sites: 21
- Total Sites: 66
- Electric Hookups: 45 sites with electric only.
- Elevation: 6600 feet above sea level.
- Region: Crawford - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Country feel.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 50
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 20 minutes drive.
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 63
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.