Lory State Park
|Visit our Website|
Lory State Park offers fabulous scenery and seclusion just minutes from Fort Collins. Lory is along the edge of Horsetooth Reservoir in Larimer County with extensive trails. The terrain is perfect for mountain biking, hiking and horseback riding.
Beautiful Lory State Park is open to explore and enjoy all year long. 175 species of migratory and resident birds nest in the area, including canyon wren, yellow-breasted chat, western tanager and broad-tailed hummingbird. Mule deer, raccoon, striped skunk, Abert's squirrel, cottontail rabbit, porcupine, and red fox are common sights.
MOUNTAIN BIKING AT LORY STATE PARK! Come experience Colorado State Park's only mountain bike park. Corral Center Mountain Bike Park, designed and constructed by Lee McCormack and Steve Wentz offering 69,600 square feet of riding excitement with pump track, skills course and dirt jumps.
SEASONAL CLOSURES FOR BACKCOUNTRY CAMPSITES DURING HUNTING SEASON.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your online reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Lory State Park, 708 Lodgepole Drive, Bellvue CO 80512
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-493-1623
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/26 to 9/4
- Tent Sites: 6
- Total Sites: 6
- No Campfires Allowed: Thank you for understanding our property has a NO campfire policy.
- Elevation: 7015 feet above sea level.
- Region: Fort Collins - North Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
- Horse Trails: Trails start on site.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 25
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 100
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.