Ridgway State Park
|Visit our Website|
RIDGWAY STATE PARK is a modern, universally-accessible recreation areas with a five-mile long reservoir surrounded by the San Juan Mountains.
In southwest Colorado savor the breathtaking scenery, outstanding fishing, magnificent campsites and water activities. Here you can boat, fish, swim, camp, hike and study nature in one of the most beautiful locations in Colorado.
Your family can experience boating, water-skiing, paddle-boarding, wind-surfing and sailing on this beautiful lake. Our marina offers boat rentals and snack shop. Kids will enjoy the swim beach, playgrounds, Summer Nature Detective Programs on Saturdays, fishing in the stocked ponds, hiking and biking the 14 miles of trails, or bird watching.
Exchange your vows at the overlook with the incredible background of the lake and the snow-capped mountains. Have your family reunion or a retreat at the group event facilities along the Uncompahgre River.
WINTER ACTIVITIES: Ice fishing, cross-country skiing, wildlife viewing and snow-shoeing.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. A daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Ridgway State Park is halfway between Ouray and Montrose along US Highway 550.
ADDRESS: 28555 Highway 550, Ridgway CO 81432.
PHONE: 970-626-5822-- For more information on Fishing Conditions, daily activities and seasonal events, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): All Year
- Region: Ouray - Southwest, Colorado
- Credit Cards: ACCOMMODATION DESCRIPTION
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: 3
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: All units.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Outdoor Swimming Pool: CAMPING
- Stocked Fishing Pond: All Year
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): SITE DESCRIPTIONS
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): 247
- Horse Riding Lessons: 25
- Jeep Rentals: 272
- Jeep Tours: 167 sites with electric only.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 80 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Tourist Train Rides: 80
- Mountain Bike Trails: 24
- Bicycle Shop: FACILITIES
- Waterfall Trails: 6870 feet above sea level.
- Performing Arts Theatre: SW
- Cowboy Supper & Show: No
- Amusement Rides: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Mini Golf: Mountain views. Forested. Ranch setting.
- Hunting in Area: Yes
- Private Land Unguided Hunting On-Site: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Muzzle Loading Hunting Season: On site.
- Elk Hunting: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Bear Hunting: PET POLICIES
- Mountain Lion Hunting: All Pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Bighorn Sheep Hunting: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.