Ridgway State Park
|Visit our Website|
RIDGWAY STATE PARK is a modern, universally-accessible recreation areas with a five-mile long reservoir surrounded by the San Juan Mountains.
In southwest Colorado savor the breathtaking scenery, outstanding fishing, magnificent campsites and water activities. Here you can boat, fish, swim, camp, hike and study nature in one of the most beautiful locations in Colorado.
Your family can experience boating, water-skiing, paddle-boarding, wind-surfing and sailing on this beautiful lake. Our marina offers boat rentals and snack shop. Kids will enjoy the swim beach, playgrounds, Summer Nature Detective Programs on Saturdays, fishing in the stocked ponds, hiking and biking the 14 miles of trails, or bird watching.
Exchange your vows at the overlook with the incredible background of the lake and the snow-capped mountains. Have your family reunion or a retreat at the group event facilities along the Uncompahgre River.
WINTER ACTIVITIES: Ice fishing, cross-country skiing, wildlife viewing and snow-shoeing.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. A daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Ridgway State Park is halfway between Ouray and Montrose along US Highway 550.
ADDRESS: 28555 Highway 550, Ridgway CO 81432.
PHONE: 970-626-5822-- For more information on Fishing Conditions, daily activities and seasonal events, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 3
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: All units.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Sites: 247
- Tent Sites: 25
- Total Sites: 272
- Electric Hookups: 167 sites with electric only.
- Full Hookups: 80 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 80
- Winterized Sites: 24
- Elevation: 6870 feet above sea level.
- Region: Ouray - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Forested. Ranch setting.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 40
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 250
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Marina: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: Path starts on site.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: On site.
- Snowmobile Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.