Roxborough State Park
|Visit our Website|
Roxborough State Park is a DAY-USE ONLY PARK and does not offer any lodging or camping.
Denver-area vacationers and residents have one of nature's jewels in their backyard: Roxborough State Park, a short drive southwest of Denver.
A National Natural Landmark for good reason with more than 1.2 billion years of geologic time represented by the spectacular red-rock formations found within Roxborough State Park. Ecologically, the park is highly diverse as a result of its location between the plains and the mountains. The area's geological structure has resulted in micro-climates that have produced 7 distinct plant communities in a unique mixture of prairie and mountain species.
The park is known for its spectacular sightseeing, tranquil surroundings, fascinating trails and Visitor Center. This park offers hiking, cross-country skiing and excellent educational programs on park history, geology and wildlife watching.
VISITOR CENTER & EDUCATION PROGRAMS: The Visitor Center has a book store, interpretive displays, restrooms, and an auditorium. Stop by and watch our introductory DVD "Footprints of Past & Present" This presentation beautifully explains the trails, flora, and fauna of the park. The Park offers many guided nature activities, the offering change by the season, be sure to pick up the schedule at the Visitor's center.
WINTER ACTIVITIES: The scenery is quite dramatic when snow covers Roxborough's ridges and spires. The myriad of animal tracks in the snow tell the stories of wildlife's winter activities. Novice and advanced cross-country skiers and snowshoers enjoy recreating on the gentle trails. The next time there is a measurable snowfall in the Denver area, head to Roxborough, but don't wait too long after the snowfall -- the snow melts quickly within one or two days of the snowfall.
Roxborough State Park is a DAY-USE ONLY PARK and does not offer camping. Pets, biking and rock climbing are not allowed at Roxborough.
AUDITORIUM: Theater seating for 39 available for rental. Audio/Visual equipment includes projector and connectors for your lap top.
LOCATION: Roxborough State Park, 4751 East Roxborough Drive, Roxborough CO 80125
For Current Information Call: 303-973-3959
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors.
- Elevation: 6200 feet above sea level.
- Region: Denver Area - North Central, Colorado
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Corporate. Weddings.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 48
FUN THINGS TO DO
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
Primarily Year Round Activities
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Golf Course: 5 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 15 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 45 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 20 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 20 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 20 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 20 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 20 minutes drive.
- Bike Path: 20 minutes drive.
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 90 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: 20 minutes drive.