Sylvan Lake State Park
|Visit our Website|
Please note Sylvan Lake has limited camping and is closed to boating and fishing during 2019 season due to dam repairs. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Are you looking for a mountain hideaway where you can drift and daydream in your canoe, splash and play with the beavers, or gaze at majestic mountains piercing the deep blue sky? Sylvan Lake State Park beckons you to leave the highway, and the ordinary! With Non-motorized boating and non-electrical camping your family will unplug and reconnect.
Discover the multitude of opportunities for play and solitude at Sylvan Lake State Park just south of Eagle, CO.
In Spring, Summer and Fall you can fish, hike, boat, picnic and relax in this park surrounded by the White River National Forest. Winter activities are abundant as well with snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, and ice fishing and access to snowmobile trails.
Campgrounds, Cabins and Yurts are available for your overnight stay. Each campsite accommodates up to two tents, or one tent and one RV, with a maximum of six people per site. Pets are allowed, and must be leashed. The Large Cabin has a kitchen & bath; while the 8 Rustic Camper Cabins have no indoor cooking but are propane heated and have solar lighting.
Geo-caching on site!
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Sylvan Lake State Park, 10200 Brush Creek Road, Eagle CO 81631
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-328-2021
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 1
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 11
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 12
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Tent Sites: 44
- Total Sites: 44
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 8500 feet above sea level.
- Region: Vail Area - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 60
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: On site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.