Trinidad Lake State Park
|Visit our Website|
Anglers catch rainbow and brown trout, largemouth bass, channel catfish, walleye, crappie and bluegill.
Nestled in the foothills of southern Colorado, bordered by the historic Santa Fe Trail and scenic Highway of Legends, Trinidad Lake State Park offers boating, fishing, hiking, and modern camping year round.
A mild year-round climate and 800 surface acres of water ideal for numerous water sports are the lures of Trinidad Lake. Anglers catch rainbow and brown trout, largemouth bass, channel catfish, walleye, crappie and bluegill. The lake is popular for water skiing and windsurfing as well.
Other attractions include self-guided nature hikes where visitors can choose a short walk near the Visitor Center or venture further into primitive backcountry areas. Turkey, coyote, and deer call the park home, providing great wildlife watching opportunities. All this, plus some spectacular scenery, make Trinidad Lake a wonderful place to play in the great outdoors.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Trinidad Lake State Park, 32610 Highway 12, Trinidad CO 81082
For Fishing Conditions; Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-846-6951
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Sites: 63
- Tent Sites: 10
- Total Sites: 73
- Electric Hookups: 56 sites with electric only.
- Full Hookups: 7 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 49 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 9
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 44
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Winterized Sites: 26
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 6300 feet above sea level.
- Region: Trinidad - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: No phones.
- Internet Cafe: 15 minutes drive.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 60
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 13
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 30 minutes drive.
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: On site.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 10 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: 15 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 15 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 15 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 15 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 10 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 15 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 15 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: Path starts on site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 851
- Ice Fishing: On site.