Vega State Park
|Visit our Web site|
WINTER and SUMMER at Vega State Park a beautiful with a high-mountain lake in a glorious meadow on the northeast edge of Grand Mesa National Forest. This vacation destination has access trails atop Grand Mesa for hiking, biking and four-wheeling, cross-country skiing, and snowmobiling.
In summer you are embraced by mild temperatures and blue Colorado skies, characteristic of 8,000 feet of altitude.
The lake offers great boating, water-skiing and fishing, and Ice fishing.
Beautiful campgrounds: 5 cabins, 105 RV sites, and 10 walk-in tent sites.
Horses are welcome; however, you may not ride on the Park trails or in any developed area. Please utilize Park Creek Road to access Grand Mesa for riding. A 100 foot hose is needed to reach the corral stock tank. Hay brought into the Park must be certified weed-free. Rent a horse corral for $10/animal/night, plus a one-time $10 reservation fee. Call ahead for reservations.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Vega State Park, 15247 North 6/10 Road Unit A, Collbran CO 81624
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-487-3407
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities (may be Attached): 5
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 5
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Call for Winter Camping Dates.
- RV Sites: 105
- Tent Sites: 10
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 115
- Electric Hookups: 34 sites with electric only.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 30 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 56
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 66
- Elevation: 8000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Grand Mesa Area - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for additional fee or deposit. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Fenced Pasture: On site.
- Individual Horse Run/Pen: On site.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 100
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: On site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Drop Camps: Yes.
- Archery Hunting Season: Yes.
- Bird Hunting (Turkey, Grouse, Pheasant): Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Bear Hunting: Yes.
- Mountain Lion Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 41, 42, 421
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: On site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.