Yampa River State Park
|Visit our Website|
Along the Yampa River meandering through in the Yampa Valley in Northwest Colorado, the Yampa River State Park is actually three "parks" in one with 13 public access sites available along the Yampa River stretching from Hayden to the Dinosaur National Monument near the Utah border.
The Headquarters proximity to Highway 40 near Steamboat Springs makes it the perfect base camp for many outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, and OHV/4-wheel riding.
Yampa River State Park has three options for camping:
HEADQUARTERS CAMPING AREA NEAR HAYDEN offers a more developed experience with both RV and basic camping: 35 electric RV sites, 10 basic tent-only sites, One Tipi for rent, and five group tent only campsites. There is a camper services building with showers and laundry.
SIX PRIMITIVE CAMPING AREAS are along a 134-mile section of the Yampa River from Hayden to the Dinosaur National Monument on the Utah state line. Each primitive camping area has between five and 10 campsites, restroom facilities, tables, grills and tent pads.
UNDEVELOPED CAMPING along various stretches of the Yampa River.
The Yampa River borders private property. We thank you for using only the 13 public access sites and respecting private property owners along the river.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
PLEASE NOTE: Open and close dates are weather dependent.
LOCATION: Park Office Yampa River State Park, 6185 West US Highway 40, Hayden CO 81639
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-276-2061
- Camping Open Dates: 4/17 to 12/1
- RV Sites: 70
- Tent Sites: 70
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 70
- Electric Hookups: 35 sites with electric only.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 29 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 6
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 6300 feet above sea level.
- Region: Steamboat Springs - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 50
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 70
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 30 minutes drive.
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: 15 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 15 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 15 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Fly Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 30 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 30 minutes drive.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): 30 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 30 minutes drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 30 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 30 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 30 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 15 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 30 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 30 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 30 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 3, 4, 11, 12, 13, 214, 301, 441
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: 30 minutes drive.