BIRCO RV Parts and Services at Dakota Campground
Open all year!
BIRCO RV PARTS & SERVICE: A Complete RV Parts & Service shop with an auto mechanic on duty! Our mechanics can fix your recreational vehicle! Chassis service and repair, right here.
NEED EMERGENCY SERVICE CALL US: Tourists Welcome: 719-738-9912
Walsenburg has a small-town atmosphere with a few good restaurants and several places where fishermen can land a hook.
DAKOTA CAMPGROUND: WiFi throughout entire campground! A great stop before leaving the state or heading to the mountains, or if you 're looking for a more relaxing, less crowded vacation. All RV Sites are level, 60 feet long pull-thrus with city water, electric (30 & 50 amp), sewer, and wide for slideouts on both sides. Separate tenting area with picnic tables and a central firepit (when allowed). We have a laundry and playground for the kids. Clean restrooms with hot showers.
HUERFANO COUNTY COVID RESTRICTIONS: Our Health Department has the following restrictions for Campgrounds -- Every other site needs to be empty, public bathrooms must be disinfected every two hours, no showering in public bathhouse. Due to these restrictions we only have capacity for extended stays. PLEASE NOTE We do have a Dump Station that is open. Updated July 2020.
Propane available on-site.
NEARBY ACTIVITIES: Water park, swimming, boating, fishing, golf course, history museums, art gallery, library with free internet access, and movie theater.
PLAY IN SPANISH PEAKS COUNTRY: Explore a land rich in history, natural wonders and artistic inspiration. Drive the Highway of Legends Scenic Byway to discover the charming towns of Walsenburg, La Veta, Cuchara and Trinidad. At Lathrop State Park spend a day boating, fishing, hiking or a round of golf. Spanish Peaks and Raton Mesa are National Landmarks in Southern Colorado that offer excellent trails for your family to explore.
George and Monica Birrer welcome you.
LOCATION: 1 mile south of exit 52 on business loop I-25 and 1 mile from downtown Walsenburg.
ADDRESS: 1079 US Highway 85 87, Walsenburg CO 81089
PHONE: 719-738-9912 -- For Current Rates and to check for available space: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: $20 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: $30 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $0. Kids: $0.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: $180.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Electricity Included) On-Season: $550.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 33
- Tent Sites: 10
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 43
- Full Hookups: 33 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 6 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 33 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 33
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 33
- Winterized Sites: 33
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 6300 feet above sea level.
- Region: Walsenburg - South Central, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Ranch setting.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 15 minutes drive.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 80 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 25 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 5 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 10 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 5 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 5 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 30 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 30 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 30 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 5 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 30 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 84, 85, 128, 133, 83, 861