Dark Sky Suites of Westcliffe Colorado
|Visit our Website|
2021 UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT! Locally Owned and Operated.
DARK SKY SUITES has been updated with wood floors, beds, linens and a fresh coat of paint creating a welcoming and relaxing destination nestled in the heart of Westcliffe, Colorado.
Stay where the views are unimaginable of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains and the dark mountain valley night sky take your breath away. This is a great destination away from the CROWDS OF COLORADO'S FRONT RANGE.
OUR MOTEL: Spacious King Suites and comfortable 2 queen bed Suites, kitchenettes, air conditioning, dining space, DirecTV service, and WiFi.
San Isabel National Forest west of town offers numerous outdoor adventures for skiers, hikers, anglers, climbers, and hunters.
LOCATION: Along The Frontier Pathways Scenic and Historic Byway and settled in the picturesque Wet Mountain Valley between the Wet Mountains to the east and the Majestic Sangre De Cristo Mountains to the west. An hours drive from the junction of State Hwy 96 and I-25 in Pueblo.
ADDRESS: 110 South Second Street, Westcliffe CO 81252
PHONE: 719-286-9161 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $75 to $95
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Motel/Hotel Rooms with Cooking Facilities: 11
- Air Conditioning: All units.
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors. Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 7888 feet above sea level.
- Region: Westcliffe - South Central, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In private rental units.
- Television: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 60 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 15 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: Walking distance.
- Ghost Town: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Golf Course: 10 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: Walking distance.
- Art Gallery: Walking distance.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 30 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 30 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 60 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Riding distance to trailheads.
- Bicycle Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 20 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 69, 84, 86, 691
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 15 minutes drive.