Grand Lake KOA - Rocky Mountain National Park Journey KOA
|Visit our Website|
FKA: Elk Creek Campground and RV Park
GRAND LAKE KOA - ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK JOURNEY KOA is 1.5 miles from Grand Lake Town Beach and 1.3 miles from the Kawuneeche Visitors Center for Rocky Mountain National Park.
Camp next to the Rocky Mountain National Park and be on the lookout for moose as they wander though our KOA. Spend your days hiking, golfing, ATVing, and exploring Colorado's majestic mountain!
Our forested campground has separate RV, tent, and cabin areas with mountain views. RENT OUR 8-man Tipi! A family friendly place where pets are welcome.
Advanced reservations are accepted year round, use the website link above.
ON-SITE AMENITIES: WiFi throughout park, spacious back in RV sites, rustic cabins, separate tenting area, general store, 24 hour laundry, a TV lounge and game room, and nightly views of the Milky Way.
MINUTES TO GRAND LAKE with fishing, a swim beach, paddle boating, kayaking. The Village's town Square Park has a large playground and picnic pavilion and across the street is Grand Lake's famous Boardwalk with cute shops, an ice cream parlor, and restaurants.
We are new owners of this Grand Lake Campground; however, we have owned the Estes Park KOA since 2018.
LOCATION: Grand Lake KOA is just off Trail Ridge Road Scenic Byway that connects Estes Park and Grand Lake thought Rocky Mountain National Park. We are in Grand County between Grand Lake Village and Rocky Mountain National Park off Highway 34: 2-1/2 hours from Denver; 3 hours from Fort Collins and Colorado Springs; 4 hours from Grand Junction; and 6-1/2 hours from Durango, Colorado.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS FROM I-70: Whether heading east or west on I-70 take exit 232 toward Empire and Winter Park on US 40 to Granby; in Granby turn right (north) onto US 34 for 15 miles to Sloopy's Grill (County Road 48) where you turn left (west); our KOA is on your right.
ADDRESS: 143 County Road 48, Grand Lake CO 80447
PHONE: 970-627-8502 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory. During the off-season (October - April), the campground phone lines will NOT accept inbound messages. Use this link about to make reservations.
- Lodging Open Dates: Mid-May to 10/8
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $95 to $110
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 14
Technology In Units
- Internet Access in Units: Some units.
- Camping Open Dates: Mid-May to 10/8
- Tent Camping Rates: Range from $45 to $55 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $80 to $105 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $5. Kids free under the age of 5. Kids: $5.
- Multi-Night Camping Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- RV Sites: 50
- Tent Sites: 12
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 62
- Electric & Water Hookups: 35 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 12 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Luxury RV Sites: 5 full hookup sites with 50 amps, 45+ feet long, room for slideouts on two sides and a patio/deck.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 22 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 1
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 50
- Elevation: 8500 feet above sea level.
- Region: Grand Lake - North Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Arcade Games: On site.
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 15 minutes drive.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: No phones.
- Big Screen TV: Available.
- Wide Screen TV: Available.
- Reception: Cable.
- DVD Player: Available.
- Fax Machine: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: Walking distance.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 2 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 2 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 3 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 30 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 2 minutes drive.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 3 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Marina: 3 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 25 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 5 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 3 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 30 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 3 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 3 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 2 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 2 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 90 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: 3 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 3 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 3 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 15 minutes drive.