G&M Cabins - Downtown Lake City
|Visit our Website|
Our downtown cabins at G&M are surrounded by mountains in every direction! We are within an easy walk of Lake City's shops, restaurants, and river fishing. Park your family car and explore our region on foot, ATV, mountain bike, or horseback.
MOUNTAIN CABINS: Our fully equipped vacation rentals have kitchens, 1- or 2-bedrooms, private baths and DirecTV with HD programming. FREE WiFi. Outside are picnic tables, charcoal grills, and shaded sitting area.
PLEASE NOTE NO SMOKING - NO PETS: Our cabins are all non-smoking - of any kind! This includes inside the cabins, the screened porches and sitting areas adjacent to your cabin. We are a block and a half away from the City Park. We also are a pet free vacation destination - no pets.
4WD/ATV: Visit ghost towns on top of the world along the Alpine Loop Backcountry Scenic Byway. Your cabin has direct OHV access!
LOCATION: G&M Cabins are in Downtown Lake City in southwest Colorado, along the Alpine Loop Backcountry Scenic Byway. Lake City is halfway between Gunnison Colorado to the North and South Fork Colorado to the South along Colorado Highway 149; also known as the Silver Thread Scenic Byway.
DRIVE TIMES: Our Mountain Cabins are a scenic: 3 hour drive southeast of Grand Junction, 3-1/2 hour drive northeast of Durango, 4-1/2 hour drive mostly west of Colorado Springs, 5 hour drive southwest of Denver, 6 hour drive southwest of Fort Collins and 6 hours almost due south of Albuquerque - New Mexico, 8 hour drive northeast of Amarillo - Texas, 8-1/2 hours northeast of St George - Utah, and a 9 hour drive northeast of Flagstaff Arizona.
ADDRESS: 331 Gunnison Ave, Lake City CO 81235
PHONE: 970-944-2282 or TEXT 970-417-0458 - For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/1 to 12/31
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $120 to $185
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 10
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Units with a Private Jetted Bath Tub: 1
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 1
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Cable.
- Number of Channels: 35
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: All units.
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: Most units.
- DVD Player in Units: Some units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Elevation: 8671 feet above sea level.
- Region: Lake City - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Smoke-Free Environment (inside & out).
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in rental units.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 60 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Ghost Town: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: Walking distance.
- Movie Theater: Walking distance.
- Art Gallery: Walking distance.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Walking distance.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Fly Shop: Walking Distance.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 60 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 5 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: Walking distance. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: Walking distance (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 1 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 5 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: Walking distance.
- ATV Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 10 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: Walking distance.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: Walking distance.
- Waterfall Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: Walking distance.
- Mini Golf: Walking distance.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 66, 67, 76
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 10 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: Within walking distance.
- Snowshoe Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: 10 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: Walking distance.
- Snowmobile Tours: Walking distance.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: Walking distance.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: 5 minutes drive.