Grand Lake Chamber of Commerce
|Visit our Website|
GRAND LAKE COLORADO, A Charming Village, is an Endless Range of Mountains and Colorado's Largest Natural Lake
The village of Grand Lake is a mountain resort popular for its sunny days, low-key tempo, family-owned shops and fine restaurants. Stroll leisurely along the boardwalk, meander down to the lake front, feel invigorated by your time spent with the friendly, warm people of Grand Lake.
With nearby man-made Shadow Mountain and Granby Reservoirs, the three recreational lakes offer more than 150 miles of scenic shoreline for camping, fishing or hiking.
Grand Lake a Vacation Destination -- The Soul of the Rockies!
There is more to do in the mountains than you could accomplish in an entire lifetime. Pick many activities or choose to just relax in the beauty of our spectacular settings. Stroll the boardwalk on a clear mountain summer day. Rent a boat or take a tour around the lake. Skip stones across the water. Play on the sandy beach. The water is cold, but not too cold to dip one's toes. The flat grassy area on the lake's edge is favored by picnickers and sunbathers. A great spot to watch the sail boats glide across the lake.
GRAND LAKE FOR A FIREWORKS: Consistently ranked as one of the best fireworks shows in the nation, Grand Lake Fireworks are not to be missed! Join in on the fun with fireworks, music and tons of local activities: 4th of July, Winter Carnival, New Years Eve and Constitution Week the last Saturday of Constitution Week -- between September 17th-23rd depending on the year.
Colorado's Winter Wonderland Vacation Destination
The village of Grand Lake makes for a perfect winter setting with lights illuminating the shore of the lake and the snow-covered peaks providing a spectacular backdrop. The area is ideal for ice fishing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, and winter activities.
Compared to the hustle and bustle of many winter vacation spots, the Village of Grand Lake is a quiet, peaceful winter wonderland where a thick blanket of snow changes the town into a pastoral scene. In fact, it is not uncommon to have a moose or two wander down the main street.
Like the cowboys of old, today's snowmobilers can ride right down the street and hitch up in front of any store. The Village of Grand Lake is one of the few towns anywhere that allows snowmobilers on city streets, even leaving the streets snow packed to accommodate these popular winter vehicles.
With more than 150 miles of trails, Grand Lake has one of the largest snowmobile trail systems in the state. It rightly deserves the title of "SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF COLORADO" and was voted by Sno West Riders as Colorado's best and one of the top ten places in the region to snowmobile.
Trails range from tracks through the forest to wide-open mountain meadows surrounded by towering peaks, offering something for everyone to enjoy.
Snowmobile rentals include protective clothing and helmets.
Grand Lake is the gateway to numerous cross-country ski trails that are designated specifically for cross-country skiers.
The Old Fashioned Christmas Yuletide includes visits from Santa, a holiday family melodrama, sleigh rides, songfests, caroling, a live Nativity play, snowman contest, and a full moon ski event.
Learn More About Vacationing in Grand Lake Colorado
Call our Chamber's Visitors Center or stop in for a chat and local brochures.
ADDRESS VISITORS CENTER: 14700 US Highway 34, Grand Lake CO 80447
For Current Event Dates; For a Visitors Guide: 800-531-1019; 970-627-3402 -- Mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Elevation: 8400 feet above sea level.
- Region: Grand Lake - North Central, Colorado
- Restaurant: On site.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Internet Cafe: On site.
FUN THINGS TO DO
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: On site.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: On site.
- Indoor Swimming Pool: Walking distance.
- Golf Course: On site.
- Art Gallery: On site.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Internet Cafe: On site.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: On site.
- Casino Gambling: On site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Outdoor Swimming Pool: Walking distance.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Marina: On site.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Paddle Shop: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: On site.
- Kayaking Rentals: On site.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: On site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: On site (off road, back-country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: On site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: On site.
- Waterfall Trails: Trails start on site.
- Performing Arts Theatre: On site.
- Amusement Rides: On site.
- Mini Golf: On site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Guided Hunts: Yes.
- Rifle Hunting Season: Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 18, 28,
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: On site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowmobile Rentals: On site.
- Snowmobile Tours: On site.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: On site.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: On site.
- Sled/Tube Hill Equipment Available: On site.
- Sleigh Rides: On site.