Gold Pan Acres: Cabins, Gold Nugget Cafe, RV Park, General Store
|Visit our Website www.goldpanrv.com|
Near Platoro Reservoir, high in the Scenic San Juan Mountains, Gold Pan Acres is a classic Colorado vacation spot offering modern mountain cabin rentals and full hookup RV sites.
MOUNTAIN CABIN RENTALS: The River Cabin along the Conejos River sleeps 6 people. The Gold Pan Quad Cabins sleep 6 adults. The River and Quad Cabins have fully equipped kitchens and bathrooms, linens and charcoal BBQ grills. The Divide Cabin is a 'sleep cabin' for those needing an overnight stay.
GENERAL STORE: DOW hunting, fishing and OHV licenses. Pick up supplies you left at home: groceries, batteries, fishing gear, tackle, and ice cream. It's well stocked with camping gear, shirts, pants, coats, boots, blankets, Goretex, disposable camera, a gift selection, original artwork and books about the area.
GOLD NUGGET CAFE: Serve breakfast, lunch & dinner. Our specialty "PIZZA", hot, home-made, right from the brick oven. Home-made pies and bread pudding, and ice cream cones.
LOCATION: From Antonito take Highway 17 west 20 miles, then north 23 miles on gravel Road. 120 Conejos Avenue, Platoro CO 81120.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: May - October 719-376-5543; November-April 254-634-5722.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/25 to 10/30
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $135 to $225
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 5
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 1
- Units with Wood Stoves: 5
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: Some units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 100
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: Some units.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/25 to 10/30
- RV Camping Rates: $28 a night for two people.
- RV Sites: 20
- Total Sites: 20
- Full Hookups: 20 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 20
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 9800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Platoro - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Ranch setting.
- Restaurant: On site.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Individual Horse Run/Pen: Available for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Grain/Hay: Available for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trails: Trails start on site.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Walking distance.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Tourist Train Rides: 60 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Hunting in Area: 10 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 80, 81,