Great Sand Dunes Lodge at National Park
Call 719-378-2900 12pm - 8pm MT Monday-Sunday
|Visit our Website www.gsdlodge.com|
VISITING GREAT SAND DUNES NATIONAL PARK AND PRESERVE? STAY WITH US AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE PARK!
At the lodge you'll enjoy outstanding views of 14,000 foot peaks, the wide expanse of the San Luis Valley, and the ever changing magic of the Sand Dunes.
BUCKET LIST EXPERIENCES: Sand sledding or sand-boarding Colorado's great sand dunes; take a photography class in the Rocky Mountains; four-wheel drive Mt. Blanca Peak -- Colorado's fourth highest summit.
Relax on your patio after a long day of exploring and watch spectacular sunsets.
STANDARD ROOMS feature private patios overlooking the Great Sand Dunes, 2 queen beds, telephone, heating, A/C, private baths, satellite TV, WiFi wireless Internet.
DELUXE ROOMS feature a king bed in a larger room with upscale furnishing. Additional amenities include a refrigerator with freezer, microwave, hi-definition TV and private gas grills.
BREAKFAST: Free Dune Breakfast for our lodge guests.
WALKING DISTANCE TO: Full service restaurant, gift shop, store, and laundry facilities (May - November).
Bring your 4-wheel drive vehicle and enjoy the trails at the Great Sand Dunes. Hike and explore the fabulous San Luis Valley and mountains.
LOCATION: In South Central Colorado's San Luis Valley between Alamosa and South Fork at the entrance to Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve. 3-1/2 hours from Denver and Durango; 2-1/2 hours from Colorado Springs; 2 hours from Trinidad; 75 minutes from South Fork; and 30 minutes from Alamosa.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Starting from Trinidad, Colorado, take I-25 North to exit 50 onto US 160 in Walsenburg; head west on US 160 over La Veta Pass and through Fort Garland; in 10 miles at the Junction of SH 150 merge right (north) for 16-1/2 miles, turn right before the gas station and take the gravel road up the hill. From Durango Colorado, take US 160 East over Wolf Creek Pass; in Mosca US 160 Merges with SH 17 heading North, and then continue East past San Luis State Wildlife Area; from here continue 11 miles, turn right before the gas station and take the gravel road up the hill.
Great Sands Lodge is on your right behind store and gas station.
ADDRESS: 7900 Highway 150 North, Mosca CO 81146
PHONE: 719-378-2900 -- 12pm - 8pm MT every day -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: May to November
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $140 to $329
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Condos & Luxury Suites: 7
- Motel/Hotel Rooms with Cooking Facilities: 1
- Motel/Hotel Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 10
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: Most units.
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 100
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless. Through High-Speed wired.
- Elevation: 8100 feet above sea level.
- Region: Alamosa - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Ranch setting.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Meals Regularly Served: Continental Breakfast.
- Overnight Pack Trip: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In private rental units.
- Fax Machine: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- High-Speed Wired Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 50
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 40
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 5 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 10 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 15 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 2 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 25 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 15 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 90 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 90 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 15 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: 30 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Amusement Rides: 25 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 35 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 82