Great Sand Dunes Oasis: Campground, RV Park, Cabins
|Visit our Web site www.greatdunes.com|
Try Sand-boarding at Great Sand Dunes National Park; rent your sand-board and sand-sled here. Kids and adults love this new X-sport -- a combination of: the classic snow board, a little wax and some gravity! While you are asked to respect the natural beauty of the area, your mode of transportation on the dunes can be natural, and FUN!
Spectacular views at the entrance of Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve. Fun activities for the whole family. Sand Board rentals & information available.
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS: Camper cabins. Motel rooms. RV Sites: 20 level pull-thru, full hookup 20/30/50 amp. Shaded tent sites in separate area, mountain rustic. Group sites.
Hot showers. Recreation room. Laundry.
ON-SITE RESTAURANT: serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. GRANDMA MAKES OUR HOMEMADE PIES! Ice cream socials.
LARGE GIFT AND SOUVENIR SHOP: Our convenience store is stocked with what you left behind and what you need more of! Gasoline available for all your toys that make vacationing so much fun.
Spend the day, 30 minutes away at an 18-hole Golf course.
SUGGESTED DAY TRIP NOT TO MISS: The Rio Grande Scenic Railroad runs from Alamosa to La Veta and back via old La Veta Pass. It also runs to join the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Narrow Gauge Railroad in Antonito.
LOCATION: At the Entrance to Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve.
ADDRESS: 5400 Highway 150 North, Mosca CO 81146
For Current Rates & Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-378-2222, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 4/1 to 10/30
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $55 to $169
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 4
- Motel/Hotel Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 2
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
TECHNOLOGY IN UNITS
- Units with TV: Some units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 41
- Camping Open Dates: 4/1 to 10/30
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: $25 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: $38 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $2.50. Kids free under the age of 5. Kids: $2.50.
- RV Sites: 20
- Tent Sites: 70
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 90
- Full Hookups: 20 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 10 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 20 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 20
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 20
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 8100 feet above sea level.
- Region: Alamosa - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Ranch setting.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Restaurant: On site.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: There are pet restrictions, please call and make prior arrangements.
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Phone: Public payphones.
- Internet Cafe: 30 minutes drive.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 40
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 100
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 22
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 90
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: 5 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 2 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 25 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Internet Cafe: 30 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 90 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 90 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 15 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Amusement Rides: 25 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 35 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 82,