High Country Trails: Horseback Riding, Hunting, Fishing Trips
|Visit our Web site www.highcountry-trails.com|
High Country Trails -- Take a trip back in time and experience a true Rocky Mountain cowboy adventure!
Start your ride in the country at Shadow Mountain Guest Ranch near Granby, not in town. We take our time with each guest to make sure your experience is the highlight of your vacation. Our favorite trail takes you to the top of the mountain where you can see Granby, Hot Sulphur Springs and Grand Lake. Our trail rides can be as short as an hour and as long as 6 hours depending on your experience and comfort on a horse.
We must have at least 4 people on each trail ride. We can accommodate 20 people for horseback rides, and up to 100 for a BBQ.
CALL TO RESERVE THE PERFECT FAMILY OR GROUP OUTING.
HAY WAGON RIDES Pulled by a Tractor: Enjoy a 45 minute wagon ride with the entire family followed by a customized BBQ with the trimmings. Vegetarian meals available.
FISHING TRIPS: Our fishing trips range from 1 - 4 days. Explore with us the streams and lakes of our backcountry and enjoy fishing and our scenery.
HUNTING TRIPS: Our hunting trips range from 1 night to 1 week into the backcountry of Grand County's Medicine Bow and Routt National Forests.
Equal opportunity service provider. Permittee of the Medicine Bow-Routt National Forests and BLM. Colorado Outfitter number 2353.
LOCATED at Shadow Mountain Guest Ranch. Driving directions from I-70, exit 232, take US 40 through Winter Park, Fraser and Granby. Two miles west at Windy Gap take SH 125 north 5.5 miles. We are on the right side of highway.
Call for reservations and rates 970-887-8991, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Elevation: 8600 feet above sea level.
- Region: Grand Lake - North Central, Colorado
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 100
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: 5/1 to 10/31
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): On site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Drop Camps: Yes.
- Rifle Hunting Season: Yes.
- Archery Hunting Season: Yes.
- Muzzle Loading Hunting Season: Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 18,