Holden House 1902 Bed and Breakfast Inn
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
|Visit our Web site|
The Romance of the Past with the Comforts of Today -- Near Historic Old Colorado City
This historic 1902 storybook Victorian, carriage house, and adjacent rose Victorian home, are centrally located in a residential area near historic Old Colorado City. Lovingly restored by longtime innkeepers, Sallie and Welling Clark, the inn is filled with antiques and family heirlooms. Named for Colorado mining towns, each of the SIX ROMANTIC GUEST SUITES with features such as private baths with oversized bubble bath "tubs for two", and are each appointed with private sitting areas and fireplaces.
GOURMET BREAKFASTS, included and served in the elegant formal dining room or en suite for an additional fee, might include blueberry-corn muffins, Sallie's famous Southwestern Eggs Fiesta, fresh fruit, gourmet coffee, tea and juice. Complimentary 24-hour coffee, tea and homemade white chocolate/chocolate chunk cookies, afternoon wine social, and turndown service are just some of the HOLDEN HOUSE'S SPECIAL TOUCHES.
Guests can relax in one of the many common areas including the living room with a fireplace and overstuffed wing-back chairs, the lovely front parlor, verandahs with porch swings and rocking chairs or secret garden with fountains and a gazebo.
HOLDEN HOUSE IS A NON-SMOKING ESTABLISHMENT.
Our Inncat Mingtoy provides a friendly greeting, but for those guests with allergies, pet-free accommodations are also available.
ADDITIONAL AMENITIES: 24 hour coffee/tea/cookie jar, refrigerators in all rooms, some rooms microwave and tubs for two available, Full Gourmet Breakfast served in dining room and Afternoon Wine Social included. Breakfast served en suite for an additional $15/day. Off-street parking and FREE WiFi, one suite disabled access. On-site innkeepers and concierge service. Private baths in all suites.
Sallie and Welling and their helpful assistant innkeepers will help you plan your itinerary around the many activities in the Pikes Peak Region, most within easy driving distance.
ACTIVITIES: Local and State Parks, Museums, Art Galleries, Shopping, Restaurants, Performing Arts Center, College 5-15 miles away, historic district walking distance, Casinos 45 minute drive.
The inn caters to adults over 21 and is unable to accommodate children.
ON-SITE OWNERS: Sallie and Welling Clark
LOCATION: One mile west of downtown Colorado Springs near historic district "Old Colorado City". Centrally located and easy drive to attractions, shops, restaurants and hiking trails.
ADDRESS: 1102 West Pikes Peak Avenue, Colorado Springs CO 80904
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-471-3980; 888-565-3980, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $155 to $185
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Bed and Breakfast (B&B) Rooms with Private baths: 6
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: Some units.
- Air Conditioning: All units.
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 6
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Cable.
- Number of Channels: 60
- DVD Player in Units: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Elevation: 6200 feet above sea level.
- Region: Colorado Springs Metro - South Central, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Gas OR Electric-Log Fireplace.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in private rental units.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In private rental units.
- DVD Movie Library: 200
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 15 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 15 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 20 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: Walking distance.
- Museum: 15 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 15 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 5 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 10 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 5 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 5 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 5 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 5 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 45 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 20 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 45 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 30 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 30 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 30 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 30 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 30 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 30 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 60 minutes drive.
- Bike Path: 15 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 5 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 15 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 15 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 20 minutes drive.
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 90 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (indoor) Skates Available: 15 minutes drive.