Colorado Springs KOA - Camp In The Foothills
|Visit our Web site|
Kamping Lodges, Full Kitchen, Bath, Sleeps up to 8. Kamping Kabins (some open year round). Premium and creek front campsites. 4 deluxe tent sites are open all year. 28 Luxury RV sites with 50 amp service, 45 feet long, room for slideouts on both sides and a patio/deck.
Horse corral and trailer parking -- Bear Creek Canon Park is just off Bear Creek Road in Colorado Springs with multi-use trails.
SUMMER ACTIVITIES: Hayrides, Friday movies, breakfasts, evening meals, fresh baked pizza, heated outdoor pool, and hot tub. Hot tub for guests 16 and older. Splash Park Now Open!
YEAR ROUND AMENITIES: ATM machine, Cable TV & FREE WiFi (high speed wireless Internet connections). Recreation room with pool table, pinball machine, big screen TV, and book exchange.
FAMILY REUNIONS ENJOY: group meeting room, open air pavilion, playground.
CLOSE TO: Pikes Peak area attractions, Fort Carson, U.S. Air Force Academy, Cripple Creek (gambling), Garden of the Gods, Cave of the Winds, Royal Gorge Bridge, Pikes Peak Raceway, and the Cog Railway up Pikes Peak.
YOUR HOSTS: Mike Daly
LOCATION: 6 miles south of Colorado Springs, just off I-25, with easy on - easy off access at Exit 132 coming from the south, if coming north, take exit 132 A.
ADDRESS: 8100 South Bandley Drive, Fountain CO 80817
RESERVATIONS: Rates below are for 4 people.
For Current Event Dates and Directions Call: 719-382-7575 -- Mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
BOOKINGS ONLY: 800-KOA-8609 -- Mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $60 to $126
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 7
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 25
- Air Conditioning: All units.
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 6
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: Some units.
- Type of Reception: Cable.
- Number of Channels: 20
- Internet Access in Units: Most units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: $40 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $50 to $70 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $5. Kids free under the age of 4. Kids: $3.
- RV Sites: 176
- Tent Sites: 4
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 180
- Full Hookups: 135 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Luxury RV Sites: 28 full hookup sites with 50 amps, 45+ feet long, room for slideouts on two sides and a patio/deck.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 52 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 154 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 154
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 154
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Winterized Sites: 176
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 5600 feet above sea level.
- Region: Colorado Springs Metro - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor Hot Tub. Outdoor swimming pool. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Arcade Games: On site.
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Wagon/Hay Rides: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): On site.
- Vet Services: 10 minutes drive.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Horse Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: Public payphones.
- Fax Machine: Available with an additional fee.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 200
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 200
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 100
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 150
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 30 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 30 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 30 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 30 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 15 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 10 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 20 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 20 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 10 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 30 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 60 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 60 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 30 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Cave Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 30 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 15 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 30 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (indoor) Skates Available: 10 minutes drive.