Kremmling Area Chamber of Commerce: Year-Round Recreation
|Visit our Website|
Kremmling, Small Town Hospitality
in the Colorado River Valley
Grand County's Confluence to Outdoor Adventure
Nestled in Colorado's Rocky Mountain High Country, Kremmling, Colorado embodies the spirit of the American West. It is characterized by a respect for the land we walk on and the wildlife that calls it home, the determination of the pioneer, and the kinship of community. The valley around Kremmling was once home to the Ute Indians, and was settled by silver miners in the late 1800s. Today Kremmling is sounded by three National Forests, several recreational reservoirs, and working ranches making it an ideal vacation destination for families and sportsmen.
When you visit take a deep breath of our clear mountain air, it's an exhilarating feeling that inspires a zest for life here in Kremmling, Colorado.
KREMMLING sits at the confluence of Muddy Creek, the Blue River and the Colorado River, and it is surrounded by Routt National Forest, Arapaho National Forest, and White River National Forest! Kremmling is also near Wolford Reservoir, Williams Fork Reservoir, and Green Mountain Reservoir.
KREMMLING, Colorado offers a touch of western hospitality at a handful of small hotels, private vacation cabins, campgrounds, RV parks and dude ranches.
Colorado River Headwaters Scenic Byway Parallels One of North America's Mightiest Rivers
KREMMLING is in the heart of Colorado's high country and at the crossroads of Highway 9 and historic Highway 40, a designated Colorado and National Scenic Byway. The Byway drops 1,700 feet in elevation along its' 80 mile stretch as it follows the Colorado River past reservoirs, vast ranch lands, and through narrow canyons flanked by the railroad. Wildlife abounds and access to public land offers year-round recreation. Views of the Rocky Mountain landscapes and geology will make this drive one you will want to experience in every season.
Kremmling is an Outdoor Adventure Paradise
Fishing, hiking, hunting, rafting, kayaking, boating, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, backcountry skiing, OHVing, ATVing, and horseback riding are just a few of the many pastimes in Kremmling's backyard.
The best elk hunting in Colorado is near Kremmling (Colorado Hunting Units 15, 27, 36, 37, 181). The Colorado River and the Blue River offer Gold Medal waters that keep your line active and your net full! These Rivers also offer rapids that make river rafting or kayaking adventures safe for the whole family.
During the winter, Kremmling offers exceptional ice fishing on Wolford and Williams Fork Reservoirs. For those looking for a land excursion to bound through the snow there are plenty of groomed trails for snowmobiles, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Bluebird Backcountry Ski Area on Rabbit Ears Pass is Colorado’s newest ski area, a ski experience with no chairlifts; from dogs and slopeside camping to live music and free bacon, this is the most unique ski mountain in the universe!
Kremmling scenery is not only stunning but of geological importance. Fossil Ridge is a short drive from Kremmling and has fossils of long gone ammonites. Don't forget to stop at Inspiration Point to see the spectacular views of Gore Canyon.
Kremmling Events that Make a Vacation Special
FEBRUARY 2023 -- Annual Wolford Mountain Reservoir Ice Fishing Contest (6 miles north of Kremmling) is one of the most popular ice fishing contest in Colorado! FREE Youth Division with Trophies for the 10 Largest Fish and Hourly Big Fish Prizes - Goodie Bags for those that are 15 and younger with a measured fish. The Adult Division has Hourly Big Fish Prizes -- $10,000 Tagged Fish Contest -- $5,000 Cash Purse for the Top Ten Largest Fish.
JUNE 17-18, 2022 -- Kremmling Days is a fun-filled weekend to celebrate the heritage, community and spirit of Kremmling. Events: Parade, cliff golf, the cow pie classic 3/5 mile, mud volleyball and a horseshoe tournament.
JULY 4, 2022 -- Fire up the Cliffs 4th of July Celebration is a true American event with live Music, BBQ and a spectacular Fireworks show from on top of our Kremmling Cliffs. Festivities begin at 6pm.
JULY 31 through AUGUST 7, 2022 -- Middle Park Fair and Rodeo is a celebration of the history and heritage of Grand and Summit Counties. If your vacation bucket list includes a Rodeo, then come-on-down! Events: 4-H exhibits, horse shows, Junior Rodeo, horseshoe pitching contest, parade, Ranchers Rodeo, a beer garden, live music and cowboy church service.
AUGUST 27, 2022 -- 1st Annual Street Barn Dance, a country music hoe-down with live music, line dance lessons, BBQ, vendors, food, drinks, and good times for everyone. Come learn the Texas Two-Step, the Tush Push, the West Coast Shuffle, the Redneck Girl, and the Boot Scootin' Boogie.
Contact: Kremmling Chamber of Commerce
Stop by for helpful information about trails, local businesses, and favorite fishing spots.
LOCATION: Kremmling is in Grand Country at the junction of CO Highways 40 and 9. Rocky Mountain National Park is a 40 mile drive East. Silverthorne is a 40 minute drive South. Steamboat Springs is a 60 mile drive North. Routt National Forest is West.
ADDRESS: 203 Park Avenue, Kremmling CO 80459
PHONE: 970-724-3472 -- For more information on daily activities and seasonal events, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Elevation: 7362 feet above sea level.
- Region: Kremmling - North Central, Colorado
- Restaurant: On site.
FUN THINGS TO DO
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: On site.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Marina: On site.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Paddle Shop: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: On site.
- Kayaking Rentals: On site.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): On site.
- Horse Riding Lessons: On site.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: On site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: On site (off road, back-country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: On site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: On site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: On site.
- ATV Sales & Services: On site.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: On site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Guided Hunts: Yes.
- Drop Camps: Yes.
- Private Land Unguided Hunting On-Site: Yes.
- Rifle Hunting Season: Yes.
- Archery Hunting Season: Yes.
- Muzzle Loading Hunting Season: Yes.
- Bird Hunting (Turkey, Grouse, Pheasant): Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Bear Hunting: Yes.
- Mountain Lion Hunting: Yes.
- Bighorn Sheep Hunting: Yes.
- Mountain Goat Hunting: Yes.
- Moose Hunting: Yes.
- Antelope Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 15, 27, 36, 37, 181
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: On site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: On site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowmobile Rentals: On site.
- Snowmobile Tours: On site.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: On site.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: On site.