Kremmling Area Chamber of Commerce: Year-Round Recreation
|Visit our Website|
Kremmling Small Town Hospitality
in the Colorado River Valley
Grand County's Confluence to Outdoor Adventure
Nestled in Colorado's Rocky Mountain High Country, Kremmling, Colorado, embodies the spirit of the American West. It is characterized by respect for the land we walk on and the wildlife that calls it home, the determination of the pioneer, and the kinship of community. The valley around Kremmling was home to the Ute Tribal People and then settled by silver miners in the late 1800s. Today, Kremmling is the ideal vacation destination for families and sportsmen, boasting three national forests, several recreational reservoirs, and working ranches.
When you visit, take a deep breath of our clear mountain air. It's an exhilarating feeling that inspires a zest for life here in Kremmling, Colorado.
KREMMLING sits at the confluence of Muddy Creek, the Blue River, and the Colorado River. Routt National Forest, Arapaho National Forest, and White River National Forest are all in Kremmling's backyard. For fishing and boating, head to Wolford Reservoir, Williams Fork Reservoir, and/or Green Mountain Reservoir.
KREMMLING, Colorado, offers a touch of western hospitality at a handful of small hotels, private vacation cabins, campgrounds, RV parks, and dude ranches.
Colorado River Headwaters Scenic Byway Parallels One of North America's Mightiest Rivers
KREMMLING is in the heart of Colorado's high country and at the crossroads of Highway 9 and historic Highway 40, a designated Colorado and National Scenic Byway. The Colorado River Headwaters Scenic Byway drops 1,700 feet in elevation along its' 80-mile stretch as it follows the Colorado River past reservoirs, vast ranch lands, and narrow canyons flanked by the railroad. Wildlife abounds, and access to public land offers year-round recreation. Views of the Rocky Mountain landscapes and geology will make this drive one you will want to experience in every season.
Kremmling is an Outdoor Adventure Paradise
Fishing, hiking, hunting, rafting, kayaking, boating, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, OHVing, ATVing, and horseback riding are just a few of the many pastimes in Kremmling's backyard. The best elk hunting in Colorado is near Kremmling (Colorado Hunting Units 15, 27, 36, 37, and 181). The Colorado River and the Blue River offer Gold Medal waters that keep your line active and your net full! These rivers also offer rapids that make river rafting or kayaking adventures safe for the whole family.
DURING the WINTER, Kremmling offers exceptional ice fishing on Wolford and Williams Fork reservoirs. For those looking for a land excursion to bound through the snow, there are plenty of groomed trails for snowmobiles, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing.
Kremmling scenery is not only stunning but also of geological importance. Fossil Ridge is a short drive from Kremmling and has fossils of long-gone ammonites. Don't forget to stop at Inspiration Point to see the spectacular views of Gore Canyon.
Kremmling Events that Make a Vacation Special
FEBRUARY: The annual Wolford Mountain Reservoir Ice Fishing Contest (6 miles north of Kremmling) is one of the most popular ice fishing contests in Colorado! FREE Youth Division with Trophies for the 10 Largest Fish and Hourly Big Fish Prizes, and Goodie Bags for those that are 15 and younger with a measured fish. The Adult Division has Hourly Big Fish Prizes, a $10,000 Tagged Fish Contest, and a $5,000 Cash Purse for the Top Ten Largest Fish.
MAY: Cinco de Mayo at Kremmling's Town Square; bring the family for an evening of fun and games with food, drinks, and kid activities.
JUNE: Kremmling Days is a fun-filled weekend to celebrate the heritage, community, and spirit of Kremmling. Events: parade, cliff golf, the cow pie classic 3/5 mile, mud volleyball, and a horseshoe tournament.
JULY: Fire up the Cliffs, a 4th of July celebration, is a true American event with live music, BBQ, and a spectacular fireworks show from on top of our Kremmling Cliffs. Festivities begin at 6pm.
JULY: Kowtown Gravel Race is a mountain bike race with three loops (26, 65, and 85 miles) for riders of all abilities. The race starts in historic downtown Kremmling's and heads into the surrounding hills for a day of riding. It is truly an event for families and serious mountain bikers.
AUGUST: Middle Park Fair and Rodeo is a celebration of the history and heritage of Grand and Summit Counties. If your vacation bucket list includes a rodeo, then come on down! Events: 4-H exhibits, horse shows, Junior Rodeo, horseshoe pitching contest, parade, Ranchers Rodeo, a beer garden, live music, and cowboy church service.
AUGUST: Demo Derby at the Middle Fork Fair Grounds is returning after five years; come watch the smash event! Enjoy an evening of booming engines and thunderous crashes along with live music and concessions, and the winner will take home a cash prize.
Contact: Kremmling Chamber of Commerce
Stop by for helpful information about trails, local businesses, and favorite fishing spots.
LOCATION: Kremmling is in Grand Country at the junction of CO Highways 40 and 9. Rocky Mountain National Park is a 40-mile drive east. Silverthorne is a 40-minute drive south. Steamboat Springs is a 60-mile drive north. The Gore Valley Overlook is 16-minutes west.
DRIVE TIMES: Denver is a 2-hour drive. Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, and Grand Junction are each a 3-hour drive. Pueblo is a 3.5-hour drive. Durango is a 6-hour driver. Albaquerque, NM, and Salt Lake City, UT, are both 7-hour drives. Amarillo, TX, is an 8.5-hour drive. Manhatten, KS, is a 9-hour drive. Omaha, NE, is a 9.5-hour drive. Flagstaff, AZ, is a 10-hour drive.
ADDRESS: 203 Park Avenue, Kremmling CO 80459
PHONE: 970-724-3472 For more information on daily activities and seasonal events, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Elevation: 7362 feet above sea level.
- Region: Kremmling - North Central, Colorado
- Restaurant: On site.
FUN THINGS TO DO
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: On site.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Marina: On site.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Paddle Shop: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: On site.
- Kayaking Rentals: On site.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): On site.
- Horse Riding Lessons: On site.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: On site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: On site (off road, back-country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: On site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: On site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: On site.
- ATV Sales & Services: On site.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: On site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Guided Hunts: Yes.
- Drop Camps: Yes.
- Private Land Unguided Hunting On-Site: Yes.
- Rifle Hunting Season: Yes.
- Archery Hunting Season: Yes.
- Muzzle Loading Hunting Season: Yes.
- Bird Hunting (Turkey, Grouse, Pheasant): Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Bear Hunting: Yes.
- Mountain Lion Hunting: Yes.
- Bighorn Sheep Hunting: Yes.
- Mountain Goat Hunting: Yes.
- Moose Hunting: Yes.
- Antelope Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 15, 27, 36, 37, 181
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: On site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: On site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowmobile Rentals: On site.
- Snowmobile Tours: On site.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: On site.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: On site.