Kremmling Area Chamber of Commerce: Year-Round Recreation
|Visit our Website|
Kremmling is Nestled in the Colorado River Valley
Untapped and Untamed -- The Way Colorado Used To Be
The sparkling, clear mountain air lends an exhilarating feeling and an extra zest to life here in Kremmling, Colorado.
KREMMLING is in the "heart of the Colorado's high country!" at the crossroads of Highway 9 and historic Highway 40, a designated Colorado and National Scenic Byway.
KREMMLING sits at the confluence of Muddy Creek, the Blue River and the Colorado River, and it is surrounded by 3 national forests (Routt National Forest, Arapaho National Forest, and White River National Forest)! Kremmling is also near 3 major reservoirs (Wolford Reservoir, Williams Fork Reservoir, and Green Mountain Reservoir).
KREMMLING, Colorado offers a handful of small hotels, private cabins, campgrounds and dude ranches providing intimate meeting space with a touch of western hospitality.
Colorado River Headwaters Scenic Byway -- Highway 40
Dropping 1,700 feet in elevation in its 80 mile stretch, the Colorado River Headwaters Byway follows the Colorado River past many reservoirs, vast ranch lands, and through narrow canyons flanked by the railroad. Wildlife abounds and access to public land offers year-round recreation. Views of the Rocky Mountain landscapes and geology will make this drive one you will want to experience in every season.
Kremmling: a Sportsman's Paradise
Fishing, hiking, hunting, OHV/ATV trails, hiking, boating, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, horseback riding are just a few of the many things located in Kremmling's backyard.
The best elk hunting in Colorado is near Kremmling (Colorado Hunting Units 15, 27, 36, 37 & 181). The Colorado River and the Blue River offer Gold Medal waters that keep your line active and your net full! These Rivers also offer rapids that make river rafting or kayaking adventures safe for the whole family.
During the winter, Kremmling offers exceptional ice fishing on Wolford and Williams Fork Reservoirs. For those looking for a land excursion to bound through the snow there are plenty of groomed trails for snowmobiles and cross-country skiing.
Kremmling scenery is not only stunning but of geological importance. Fossil Ridge is a short drive from Kremmling and has fossils of long gone ammonites. Don't forget to stop at Inspiration Point to see the spectacular views of Gore Canyon.
Kremmling Events that Make a Vacation Special
FEBRUARY -- Annual Wolford Reservoir Ice Fishing Contest (6 miles North of Kremmling) FREE Youth Division with Trophies for the 10 Largest Fish and Hourly Big Fish Prizes - Goodie Bags for those that are 15 and younger with a measured fish. The Adult Division has Hourly Big Fish Prizes - $10,000 Tagged Fish Contest - $5,000 Cash Purse for the Top Ten Largest Fish.
JUNE 18-19, 2021 -- Kremmling Days events include: Parade, Cliff Golf, The Cow Pie Classic 3/5 Mile, Mud Volleyball and a Horseshoe Tournament.
JULY 4, 2021 -- Fire up the Cliffs 4th of July Celebration is a true American event with live Music, BBQ and a spectacular Fireworks show from on top of our Kremmling Cliffs. Festivities begin at 6 pm.
JULY 31 through AUGUST 8, 2021 -- Middle Park Fair and Rodeo. If your vacation bucket list includes a Rodeo then come-on-down! Events include 4-H exhibits, horse shows, Junior Rodeo, horseshoe pitching contest, parade, Ranchers Rodeo, a beer garden, live music and cowboy church service.
AUGUST 8, 2021 -- Country on the Cliffs Concert. Featuring Diamond Rio at the Middle Park Fair Grounds. Diamond Rio's most recent release "I Made It" is their tenth studio album. The title track was co-written by the band's lead guitarist Jimmy Olander and features 11 new songs. Produced by Jimmy Olander and Mike Clute.
Contact: Kremmling Chamber of Commerce
Stop by for helpful information about trails, businesses, and fishing.
LOCATION: Kremmling is in Grand Country at the junction of CO Highways 40 and 9. Rocky Mountain National Park is a 40 mile drive East. Silverthorne is a 40 minute drive South. Steamboat Springs is a 60 mile drive North. Routt National Forest is West.
ADDRESS: 203 Park Avenue, Kremmling CO 80459
PHONE: 970-724-3472 -- For more information and brochures: Mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Elevation: 7362 feet above sea level.
- Region: Kremmling - North Central, Colorado
- Restaurant: On site.
FUN THINGS TO DO
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: On site.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Marina: On site.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Paddle Shop: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: On site.
- Kayaking Rentals: On site.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): On site.
- Horse Riding Lessons: On site.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: On site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: On site (off road, back-country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: On site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: On site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: On site.
- ATV Sales & Services: On site.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: On site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Guided Hunts: Yes.
- Drop Camps: Yes.
- Private Land Unguided Hunting On-Site: Yes.
- Rifle Hunting Season: Yes.
- Archery Hunting Season: Yes.
- Muzzle Loading Hunting Season: Yes.
- Bird Hunting (Turkey, Grouse, Pheasant): Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Bear Hunting: Yes.
- Mountain Lion Hunting: Yes.
- Bighorn Sheep Hunting: Yes.
- Mountain Goat Hunting: Yes.
- Moose Hunting: Yes.
- Antelope Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 15, 27, 36, 37, 181,
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: On site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: On site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowmobile Rentals: On site.
- Snowmobile Tours: On site.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: On site.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: On site.