La Junta KOA: RV Sites, Camping Cabins, Tiny Home, Tenting & Camper Trailer
This business has not paid for their contracted services from 2016.
Our high plains campground lies minutes from Bent's Old Fort National Historic Site, the Koshare Indian Museum, and Picketwire Canyon, the largest known set of dinosaur tracks in North America. Hike part of the Santa Fe Trail.
Free WI-FI throughout our park. Cool off in the pool (summer). Relax in the Rec Room: Watch TV, play pool, cards and games. Sand court for volleyball or badminton; horseshoes. Before your evening campfire, head to the mini-golf course! KAMP K9 is a playground for your pet.
Campground Car Rentals on-site, providing safe, clean and reliable cars for round-trip rentals.
GROUPS: Enjoy the large meeting room and use of the full kitchen.
RV SITES: Big rig friendly! All our RV sites are pull-thrus with full hookups and room for slideouts; many have 50 amp service available and are 45-85 feet long; and some have grass islands. Amenities: Gravel pads, satellite friendly, picnic tables and fire rings.
TENT SITES: In the middle of the park near the playground and pool, sites have fire rings, grills, picnic tables and a privacy fence.
DELUXE CABIN - PARK MODEL: Come enjoy the great outdoors with the extra comfort of a cabin. Amenities: Sleeps 4 people, master bedroom with queen bed (linens provided), full kitchen, bathroom with shower, sitting area, AC and heat, flat screen cable TV. Pets allowed.
CABIN - TINY HOME: Our beautiful, new Sprout Tiny Home on the prairie awaits you! Amenities: Sleeps 4 people, sleeping loft queen bed, full sleeper sofa, AC and heat, full bath with shower, partial kitchen. Linens provided.
1 & 2 ROOM CAMPING CABINS: Comfort at a bargain price near the restrooms, Rec Room and Kamp K9 dog park. Amenities: Sleeps 4 & 6 people, full bed, bunk beds, fire ring, charcoal grill, AC and heat, flat screen with cable TV, mini-fridge and microwave, covered porch. Bring sleeping bags. Pets allowed.
CAMPER TRAILER: Enjoy a comfortable stay in our 25' Forest River Salem travel trailer! Full kitchen, fridge and microwave; bathroom and shower. Quiet, grassy site with patio, picnic table and fire ring. Sleeps 5 with queen bed (linens provided) and sleeper sofa, AC and heat, flat screen TV. Pets allowed.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $49 to $111
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $294 to $666
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 1
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities (may be Attached): 2
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 1
- Classic Travel Trailers or Mini-Mobile Homes: 1 (Travel trailer, Pop-up Camper or Mobile Home, set up on-site.)
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Tent Camping Rates: Range from $26 to $39 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $36 to $49 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $5. Kids free under the age of 6. Kids: $3.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: Range from $216.00 to $294.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Metered Electricity) On-Season: Range from $450.00 to $465.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 56
- Tent Sites: 4
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 60
- Full Hookups: 56 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 31 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 48 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 14
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 56
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 4066 feet above sea level.
- Region: La Junta - Eastern, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and serving utensils. Outdoor swimming pool. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Pet Park (leash free zone): On site.
- Vet Services: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 30
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 15 minutes drive.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Dinosaur - Archeological Site: 30 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 15 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 5 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 20 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 20 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 30 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 30 minute drive.
- Cave Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 5 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Mini Golf: On site.
- Hunting in Area: 30 minutes drive.