Lazy Bear Cabins and Elk Country Jeep Rentals
|Visit our Website|
LAZY BEAR CABINS are a year-round family vacation destination in South Fork at the base of the beautiful Wolf Creek Pass in the San Juan Mountains. The nine cabins form a half circle around an open grassy area that allows families to gather for an outdoor BBQ with gas grills, picnic tables and campfire pits for sing-a-longs and marshmallow roasting.
The Hobbs Family, new owners, welcome you!
MOUNTAIN LOG CABINS: Cozy two bedroom cabins with spacious living room, bathroom, and a kitchen (drip coffee-maker, toaster, microwave, full size oven/stove and refrigerator). Cabins have 3 beds: one bedroom has a queen bed; and the second a full bed and a twin bed. All the electrical outlets have been updated to better suit your families need to recharge all your devices! Also 3 cabins, so far, have had the carpet removed to expose the beautiful wood floors. Direct TV and Free WiFi.
There are DOG-FRIENDLY CABINS for an extra fee of $5 per pet per night, please call for availability as these cabins rent quickly. If pets are vacationing without being registered additional cleaning fees will be added to your rental, as we have families that stay with us that have allergies.
COMING FALL 2021: On-site Laundry!
ELK COUNTRY JEEP RENTALS: On-Site from May 15th through October 15th rent a 4-DOOR JEEP! Explore our back-country mountain trails around South Fork and Creede. To Book, please call us at 719-873-0275
FAVORITE PLACE TO DISCOVER IN A JEEP: Wheeler Geologic Area is 24 miles from South Fork on Pool Table Road. The 14 mile, 4-wheel drive road to the area is rough and requires skill. Head out early on a sunny day; the round trip takes about 8 hours. Wheeler's landscape is a photographer's dream the unusual volcanic rock formations have earned it the name City of Gnomes with a slew of pinnacles and domes hidden deep within the mountains.
WOLF CREEK SKI AREA: At the top of the Pass this resort continues its old-school skiing spirit -- mellow, unpretentious, and homey instead of hectic, crowded and a fashion show. It's a destination hot spot for powder hounds, families and new skiers alike. It stands-out, for being family owned and operated with affordable lift tickets. The average annual snowfall is 430 "Natural Inches " The most snow in Colorado!"
LOCATION: In South Fork within walking distance to restaurants, a small grocery and guide services for ATVing, snowmobiling, fishing, and rafting.
GPS LOCATION: 37.672329, -106.621964
ADDRESS: 29257 Highway 160 West, South Fork CO 81154
PHONE: 719-873-1443 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $105 to $135
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: Always required, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 9
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee. Fishing Equipment.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Number of Channels: 100
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: All units.
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: All units.
- DVD Player in Units: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless. Through High-Speed wired.
- Elevation: 8180 feet above sea level.
- Region: South Fork Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and serving utensils. Fishing Equipment. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In common area.
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- DVD Player: Available.
- DVD Movie Library: 30
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: 3 minutes drive.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- High-Speed Wired Internet: Available free.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 90 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 2 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 3 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 20 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 5 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Internet Cafe: 3 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 15 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Fly Shop: Walking Distance.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: Walking distance.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: Walking distance.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: On site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 35 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 5 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 30 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 5 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 30 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Waterfall Trails: 35 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 76, 79, 80
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 25 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowshoe Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: 15 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: 5 minutes drive.
- Sled/Tube Hill Equipment Available: 10 minutes drive.