Moosehead Lodge Rooms and Cabins -- Way outside of Ordinary
|Visit our Website|
Desert landscapes and flattop mountain make Rangely, Colorado the outdoor recreation destination that allows you to explore Dinosaur National Monument, Canyon Pintado Historic District, Rangely Rock Crawling Park, and Dinosaur Diamond Scenic Byway.
MOOSEHEAD LODGE is a family run business with cozy lodge rooms with queen beds and log cabins with kitchenettes. Amenities include WiFi, 45 inch flat with Dish Network and personal heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
Each evening after a day of exploring sit by our central outdoor fireplace, roast marshmallows and share your favorite adventure of the day.
Rangely is known for its' Off-Roading Wagon Wheel Trails and Rock Crawling Park. There are more than 160 miles of pathways to explore through canyon and pinyon forests; whether you are a beginner or export, our OHV there are trails that will give you reason to stop and breath in the view and our fresh air. Be sure to visit in May for a 3-day OHV Adventure Rally!
Our small town features the Rangely Automotive Museum with classic cars and motorcycles from the early 1900s; and, the Rangely Outdoor Museum with artifacts from the Fremont Native Americans and pioneer Settlers, it also includes Rangely's first jail.
LOCATION: Moosehead Lodge is in Northwestern Colorado 22 miles southeast of the Utah border on CO Highway 64 in the White River Valley. Two hours from Grand Junction, Colorado. 4-1/2 hours from Laramie, Wyoming and Salt Lake City, Utah. 6-1/2 hours from Colorado Springs.
ADDRESS: 856 East Main St, Rangely CO 81648
PHONE: 970-675-2433 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $85 to $90
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 7
- Lodge Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 9
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: Most units.
- Air Conditioning: All units.
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 75
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Region: Dinosaur Area - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Wood Fireplace. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 20 minutes drive.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 1 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 2 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 5 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Fly Shop: Walking Distance.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 30 minutes drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 2 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: Walking distance.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.