Mother Lode RV Park
Ohio City is in the beautiful Quartz Creek Valley known for fishing, ATVing, hunting, hiking, and mountain biking. Mother Lode is a seasonal campground with full hookup RV sites.
GUNNISON TAYLOR PARK LOOP SCENIC DRIVE: Along this drive you will see many ghost towns and the Taylor Park Reservoir. Stop for the hike or mountain bike ride to The Alpine Tunnel (the first tunnel to cross the Continental Divide in 1882) now closed to rail travel.
ATV TRAILS: There are so many trails it's hard to pick where to start! Local favorites are Black Sage Pass Trail and Hancock Pass Trail ride over mountain passes the Continental Divide!
LOCATION: 20 miles northeast of Gunnison. 8 miles north of US 50, turn north at Parlin.
ADDRESS: 8458 CR 76, Ohio City CO 81237
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 409-789-5318 -- Mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/1 to 11/30
- Call for Winter Camping Dates.
- RV Camping Rates: $55 a night for two people.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: $300.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Electricity Included) On-Season: $900.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 16
- Total Sites: 26
- Full Hookups: 16 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 16 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 16 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 16
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 16
- Elevation: 8560 feet above sea level.
- Region: Gunnison - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- Ghost Town: On site.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 25 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Museum: 10 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Walking distance.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: Walking distance.
- Marina: 30 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 30 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 5 minutes drive.
- Jeep Rentals: 25 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 25 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 25 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 25 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: 25 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 25 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: Walking distance.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 55, 551, 67,