North Park Inn and Suites
|Visit our Website|
NORTH PARK INN AND SUITES is the newest lodging in Walden. All lodging is clean and comfortable, with beautiful sunrises, sunsets, and gorgeous mountain views (in every direction you look). We guarantee the best available rate for all of our guests.
Walden are the moose viewing capital of Colorado!
ABUNDANT WILDLIFE IN THE AREA: Moose, elk, deer, pronghorn antelope, moose, bighorn sheep, bear, ducks, geese, sage grouse, moose, mountain lions, fox, coyotes, nesting pelicans, and eagles. Did we mention moose?
WALDEN MOTEL ROOM FEATURES at North Park Inn and Suites: King size pillow top beds, King Suites with couch, 1st floor rooms, refrigerator, microwave or stove/oven, coffee maker with coffee, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, air conditioning, 32 inch flat screen television, Dish Network with over 80 channels (Spanish speaking channels), ADA compliant handicap room with a roll-in shower - only one in the county, custom made log furniture, dining table and chairs, or desk with chair. Three (3) Pet Friendly Rooms -- pets welcome in rooms with a fee.
HOTEL GUEST AMENITIES: Inside hot tub room - only one in the county, coin-operated laundry - only one in the county, vending and ice Machines, FREE WiFi, and FREE local calls.
FREE ON SITE PARKING for Trailers, ATVs , Boats, Snowmobiles, Bus, and Semis. Outside Diesel Plugs - $5 plus tax per night.
OUTSIDE ENTRANCE SUITES: 16 with kitchens: table & chairs, full size fridge/freezer, stove/oven, coffee maker with coffee, toaster, pots, pans, silverware, plates, cups, bowls -- You ca cook! 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms.
WALDEN COLORADO CABIN HOMES: Our 2 small homes sleep 8 people. Enjoy enough living space for your family: 2 bedrooms, a full living room (table and chairs, couch, love-seat and plush chair), fully equipped kitchen. Family meals are a snap.
NORTH PARK OFFERS YEAR ROUND RECREATION! Amazing snowmobile trails and off trail riding. Unload 20-25 minutes in any direction; or, head out on your Sled from our parking lot and ride the trails up to Gould or go all the way to Grand Lake. Downhill Skiing is within an hour: Granby, Winter Park, Steamboat Springs. Great Trout Fishing is a quick 5-25 minutes away: Lake John, Delaney Buttes, Lake Cowdrey, Michigan River, Illinois River, North Platte River, and Canadian River. North Sand Dunes Recreation Area offers 800 acres of fun on Sand Dunes that are 20 minutes away. Arapaho National Wildlife Refuge Headquarters is a short 10 minute drive. Moose Visitor Center in Gould is operated by the Colorado State Forest State Park; the center tells the story of the North Park moose. Waterfalls there are 2 an hour away. The closest one is Big Creek Falls.
LOCATION: On Main Street, our Inn, is within walking distance to 6 downtown restaurants, the Family Dollar, gas stations, and an indoor swimming pool.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: From I-25 and Fort Collins take Highway 14 towards Walden. From I-80 and Laramie take Highway 230 towards Walden. From Steamboat Springs take Highway 40 east over Rabbit Ears Pass, turn left on Highway 14 towards Walden, then turn left on Highway 125 into Walden.
ADDRESS: 625 Main Street, Walden CO 80480
Family Owned and Operated, The Marmaro Family, welcome you.
PHONE: 970-723-4271 ext 6 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Please call for rates, thank you.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 2
- Motel/Hotel Rooms with Cooking Facilities: 17
- Motel/Hotel Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 19
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: Most units.
- Air Conditioning: All units.
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 80
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: Most units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless. Through High-Speed wired.
- Elevation: 8100 feet above sea level.
- Region: Walden (North Park) - North Central, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Indoor Hot Tub or Spa. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Vet Services: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In private rental units.
- Fax Machine: Available with an additional fee.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 90 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 30 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 30 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 25 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Museum: Walking distance.
- Indoor Swimming Pool: Walking distance.
- Public Rec Center: Walking distance.
- Art Gallery: Walking distance.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 20 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 20 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Fly Shop: Walking Distance.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 20 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 25 minutes drive.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): 25 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 30 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Hunting in Area: 10 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 6, 161, 16, 17, 171
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 60 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: 15 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 25 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: Walking distance.