Stumbling Moose Lodge in Pitkin
|Visit our Website|
Our historic lodge is a step back in time with homespun hospitality that captures the warmth and feel of yesteryear while still providing all the modern comforts your journey requires.
AMENITIES: 4 attached Cabin-Suites each has a fully appointed kitchen, WiFi, cable TV, queen bed, and mini-bar. Our Central Patio has a BBQ grill, campfire pit, chairs and picnic table.
SNACK SHOP: Microwavable foods, ice cream, snacks and candy. Fresh Complimentary Coffee Daily. We host Old Fashioned Ice Cream Socials throughout the summer!
PITKIN IS YOUR ROCKY MOUNTAIN PLAYGROUND: Minutes to the historic Roosevelt Mine trail, fly-fishing in Quartz Creek, and ATVing off-road trails. There are historic railroads, ghost towns, abandoned mines and remote mountain passes. The area is a designated bird sanctuary with over 75 species calling Gunnison National Forest home.
COLORADO PARKS AND WILDLIFE AGENT: We sell hunting and fishing licenses; and OHV permits.
EVERY TUESDAY MORNING: We give gold panning classes taught by an old Gold Miner.
LOCATION: Stumbling Moose Lodge is in Southwestern Colorado off US Highway 50 between Gunnison and Monarch Pass. At the junction of US-50 and County Road 76 is the town of Parlin; head north on CR 76 for 15 miles we are on the east side of the road in Pitkin. 27 East of Gunnison. 68 miles west of Salida. tree hours from Grand Junction. 3-1/2 hours from Colorado Springs. 4 hours from Durango and Denver.
PHONE: 970-648-4150 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $180 to $210
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabin-Suites Attached-Multi-Unit with Cooking Facilities: 4
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee. Fishing Equipment.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Cable.
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Elevation: 9242 feet above sea level.
- Region: Gunnison - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel. Forested.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fishing Equipment. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 2 minutes drive.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: Walking distance.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 20 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 2 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 2 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 1 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 30 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: Walking distance.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 55, 551