Quartz Creek Lodge in Pitkin
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
Our historical four room Lodge is a step back in time with homespun hospitality that captures the warmth and feel of yesteryear while still providing all the modern comforts your journey might require.
AMENITIES: WiFi, fully appointed kitchens, concierge services, holistic practitioner, Mercantile and fresh ground Boyers coffee Service.
PITKIN IS YOUR ROCKY MOUNTAIN PLAYGROUND: Minutes to the historic Roosevelt Mine trail, fly-fishing in Quartz Creek, and ATVing off-road trails. There are historic railroads, ghost towns, abandoned mines and remote mountain passes. The area is a designated bird sanctuary with over 75 species calling Gunnison National Forest home.
EVERY FRIDAY AFTERNOON: We have and Old Fashioned Ice Cream Social.
EVERY SATURDAY: We give gold panning classes taught by an old Gold Miner.
Packages Available; For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-641-6174, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 6/1 to 11/18
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $120 to $165
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $760 to $1040
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 4
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Stay & Play Packages Seniors. Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 9242 feet above sea level.
- Region: Gunnison - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel. Forested.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Spa Services: On-site for an additional fee, call for prices and availability.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In common area.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 17
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 40
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 23
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 2 minutes drive.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Restaurant(s): 2 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 2 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 1 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 55, 551,