Quartz Creek Lodge in Pitkin
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
Our historical Lodge is a step back in time with homespun hospitality that captures the warmth and feel of yesteryear while still providing all the modern comforts your journey might require.
AMENITIES: 4 log cabins, fully appointed kitchens, WiFi, concierge services, and holistic practitioner. We have and Old Fashioned Ice Cream Social!
SNACK SHOP: Microwavable Foods, Ice Cream, snacks and candy. Fresh Complimentary Coffee Daily
PITKIN IS YOUR ROCKY MOUNTAIN PLAYGROUND: Minutes to the historic Roosevelt Mine trail, fly-fishing in Quartz Creek, and ATVing off-road trails. There are historic railroads, ghost towns, abandoned mines and remote mountain passes. The area is a designated bird sanctuary with over 75 species calling Gunnison National Forest home.
COLORADO PARKS AND WILDLIFE AGENT: We sell hunting and fishing licenses; and OHV permits.
EVERY TUESDAY MORNING: We give gold panning classes taught by an old Gold Miner.
Packages Available; For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-641-6174 -- Mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 6/1 to 11/11
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $130 to $180
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Lodge Rooms with Cooking Facilities: 4
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee. Fishing Equipment.
Technology In Units
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 9242 feet above sea level.
- Region: Gunnison - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel. Forested.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fishing Equipment. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In common area.
- Internet Cafe: On site.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 2 minutes drive.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: Walking distance.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 20 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 2 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: On site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 2 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 1 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 30 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: Walking distance.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 55, 551,