Rustic Rook Resort Glamping Near Great Sand Dunes
|Visit our Website|
RUSTIC ROOK RESORT GLAMPING AT GREAT SAND DUNES has panoramic views of the massive 14,000 foot tall Sangre de Cristo mountain range towering over the gigantic sand dunes in Colorado's San Luis Valley. Enjoy all the best things about camping without the mess, allowing you a high level of comfort and relaxation.
Enjoy one of our fully furnished heavy canvas cabin/tents set on a wooden platform. Breakfast and S'mores included! Experience Colorado's outdoors, without a trunk full of camping gear.
HOMESTEAD GLAMPING TENTS: 14'x16' canvas cabin/tent have a wood burning stove. Choice of a king bed, 2 full beds, or 3 single beds. Use the nearby community bath house that has private stalls with hot showers, flushing toilets and sinks. Watch the sunrise and set as you sit on your private deck.
ESTATE GLAMPING TENTS: Deluxe 16'x20' canvas cabin/tent with a wood burning stove, and an in-tent bathroom (hot water, shower, sink, toilet). Choice of a king bed or 2 full beds. Estate tents also include a relaxing lounge area with a fold out couch next to the wood burning stove. Watch the sunrise and set as you sit on your private deck.
ADD A ROOST: A roost tent is a single pole tipi style, 10'x10' tent with a vinyl floor. Roosts are perfect for families with adventurous kids and young adults. Each roost includes (2) cots, a night stand and lanterns. Roosts are available with select tents.
RESORT AMENITIES: Fenced dog park. Picnic area with table and BBQ grills. Outdoor games including volley and cornhole toss. Complimentary hot breakfast and nightly camp fires with s'mores. Live music around the campfire (select nights). Community grill and game area. Kids scavenger hunt. USB battery pack, lanterns, 1 bundle of firewood and a fire starter each night, all towels and linens, bath products, and adventure concierge.
ON-SITE DINING: Pre-Orders Only, beer and wine available for purchase.
PET POLICIES: All the tent/cabins can have pets - there is a fee - it's $25 per pet with a 2 pet maximum. We have a leash free Dog Park on-site.
LOCATION: Between Alamosa and the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve. Rustic Rook is 18 miles north of Alamosa off Colorado Highway 17 and 19 miles from the Great Sand Dunes National Park's entrance.
ADDRESS: 13254 Lane 5 North, Mosca CO 81146
PHONE: 719-270-1356 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/26 to 10/1
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $145 to $350
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 30
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 7500 feet above sea level.
- Region: Alamosa - South Central, Colorado
- Setting: Mountain views.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): On site.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 90
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 90
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 20 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 25 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 15 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 25 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 25 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 25 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 25 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 25 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 25 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 90 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 20 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 25 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Hunting in Area: 25 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 68, 79, 82