Rustic Rook Resort at Great Sand Dunes
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
Rustic Rook Resort at Great Sand Dunes has panoramic views of the massive 14,000 foot tall Sangre de Cristo mountain range towering over the gigantic sand dunes. Enjoy all the best things about camping without the mess, allowing you to maintain a high level of comfort and relaxation.
Stay in one of our fully furnished canvas camper cabins and see why glamping is the best way to Expereince Colorado's outdoors without a trunk full of camping gear.
HOMESTEAD GLAMPING CAMPER CABINS: Deluxe Canvas tents on a wood platform. Choice of a king bed, two full beds, or 3 single beds with a wood burning stove. Use our community bathhouse with private stalls, hot showers, flushing toilets, and sinks.
ESTATE GLAMPING CAMPER CABINS: Deluxe Canvas tents on a wood platform. Enjoy a king bed and your own inside bathroom with a shower, sink and flushing toilet. Relax in the lounge area by the automatically fed pellet stove and watch the sunrise as you sit on your private deck.
ADD A ROOST: A roost is a single pole 10X10 tent with a fabric floor. Roosts are perfect for families with adventurous kids and young adults. Each roost includes (2) cots, a night stand and lanterns.
RESORT AMENITIES: Complimentary hot breakfast and camp fires with s'mores, housekeeping, USB battery pack, tea tree bath products, and camp activities. On-site dining and adventure concierge -- additional cost.
LOCATION: Between Alamosa and the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve; 18 miles north of Alamosa off Colorado Highway 17 and 19 miles from the Great Sand Dunes National Park's entrance.
ADDRESS: 13254 Lane 5 North, Mosca CO 81146
PHONE: 719-270-1356 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/13 to 9/30
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $145 to $350
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 30
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Stay & Play Packages Seniors. Firefighters and Police Officers. Military Personnel.
- Region: Alamosa - South Central, Colorado
- Setting: Mountain views.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): On site.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Internet Cafe: On site.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 90
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 90
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 20 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 25 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 15 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 25 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 25 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 25 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 25 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 25 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: On site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 25 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 90 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 20 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 25 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Hunting in Area: 25 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 68, 79, 82,