Soward Ranch: Colorado Cattle Ranch - Guest Cabin - Fly-Fishing
|Email Soward Ranch: Colorado Cattle Ranch - Guest Cabin - Fly-Fishing Directly|
|Visit our Website|
The Ranch was homesteaded in 1886 by our family and in the guest-cabin business since 1932!
Our Centennial cattle ranch and resort in the upper Rio Grande Valley is a resort-cattle ranch below towering mountain peaks and bordered on two sides by National Forest.
A FLY-FISHING RETREAT: Exclusive trout fishing in 3 private ponds and 4 fly-fishing streams.
MOUNTAIN CABINS: Our Guest Cabins are fully modernized, and are assured privacy as they are scattered over 1,200 acres.
LOCATION: 14 miles southwest of Creede on Highway 149, then head South on Middle Creek Road for 7 miles.
ADDRESS: 6164 Middle Creek Road, Creede CO 81130
ADVANCED RESERVATIONS NECESSARY! Call Today: 719-658-2295 -- Mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/15 to 10/15
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $95 to $310
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 12
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 3
- Units with Wood Stoves: 1
Technology In Units
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Elevation: 9000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Creede - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Ranch setting.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In common area.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 25 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 15 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 25 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 15 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 25 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 30 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 20 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 20 minute drive.
- Mine Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.