Sportsman Fly Shop, Fly-Fishing Trips and Shuttle Service
|Visit our Website|
THE SPORTSMAN FLY SHOP is a comprehensive outdoor retail and gift store specializing in supplying the fly fisher, angler, hiker, and outdoor enthusiast; we have the equipment and services needed to have a great vacation in the Colorado San Juan Mountains and Rio Grande National Forest. Since 1955, we've earned the reputation of personal, friendly service and exceptional technical expertise.
With over 4,000 square feet of gear and gifts, we provide a wide selection of technical outdoor clothes, footwear, maps, gear, and accessories from name-brand companies for adults and children. Along with a full-service fly fishing pro shop, we also provide gear for spin/bait fishing, camping, hiking, bicycling, snowshoeing, and backcountry skiing. We stock some amazing mountain gifts and always have HOMEMADE fudge made right on-site!
FLY-FISHING GUIDE TRIPS: Experienced guides, custom planning, and a Pro Shop! Beginners to Advanced; All Ages Welcome! Experience the wild waters of the San Juan Mountains with trips on the Lake Fork of the Gunnison River, Henson, Cebolla, Rio Grande, Gunnison, and many other public and private rivers and streams. We offer personalized training with a variety of trips, schools, clinics, and instruction. (FREE CLINICS IN THE SUMMER!)
OUTDOOR ADVENTURE GEAR RENTALS: Boat, bike, hike, fish, and camping rentals! See the beauty of the San Juans without having to buy outdoor equipment or lug your own to Lake City! The Sportsman rents only the highest quality equipment and gear for all seasons and popular local activities. We help you in deciding the best destinations to use your rentals according to current local conditions.
LAKE CITY SHUTTLE SERVICES: For hikers, campers, and ATV enthusiasts, The Sportsman provides shuttle services for you and your gear to any trailhead in the area! We can also move ATVs, OHVs, and other vehicles from one end of the Alpine Loop to the other or any major trailhead and campsite in the area.
ADDRESS: 238 South Gunnison Avenue, Lake City CO 81235
PHONE: 970-944-2526 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation Adventure: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Elevation: 8671 feet above sea level.
- Region: Creede - Southwest, Colorado
- Region: Lake City - Southwest, Colorado
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
FUN THINGS TO DO
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- Ghost Town: On site.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Kayaking Rentals: On site.