Sportsman's Campground and Mountain Cabins
|Visit our Web site|
Vintage Colorado setting bordered by working ranches and the spectacular San Juan National Forest. Easy access to great hiking, wildlife viewing, trout fishing, the majestic San Juan Mountains, and the pristine Weminuche Wilderness Area. Fish mountain trout streams, ride mountain bikes, explore the forest, see the area where much of the movie "The Cowboys" featuring John Wayne was filmed.
Williams Reservoir and Piedra Falls are nearby.
SPORTSMAN'S IS FAMILY FRIENDLY: Modern playground, campfires, quiet setting with spacious, shaded campsites for RVs and tents.
CAMP UNDER MAJESTIC PONDEROSA PINES: Stay in any of our 32 spacious full hookup RV sites, or in one of our mountain cabins. Lodge with bathrooms, showers, coin laundry, pool table, and cooking facility.
GENERAL STORE: Groceries and Ice Cream.
ON-SITE: Guided horseback rides, guided fishing and hunting excursions.
LOCATION: 18 scenic miles north of Highway 160.
ADDRESS: 2095 Taylor Lane, Pagosa Springs Colorado 81147
Rates, Availability & Reservations: 970-731-2300, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/24 to 11/11
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $49 to $175
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $294 to $990
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 2
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 1
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities (may be Attached): 2
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 2
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: Some units.
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 1
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee. Fishing Equipment.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: Some units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 4
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: Some units.
- DVD Player in Units: Some units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/24 to 11/11
- Call for Winter Camping Dates.
- Tent Camping Rates: Range from $21 to $25 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $30 to $46 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $5. Kids free under the age of 9. Kids: $5.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: Range from $174.00 to $234.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Electricity Included) On-Season: Range from $450.00 to $595.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 32
- Tent Sites: 15
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 33
- Full Hookups: 32 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 2 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 25 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 2
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 29
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 8100 feet above sea level.
- Region: Pagosa Springs Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and serving utensils. Gas OR Electric-Log Fireplace. Fishing Equipment. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Arcade Games: On site.
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Overnight Pack Trip: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Fenced Pasture: Available for an additional fee or deposit.
- Individual Horse Run/Pen: Available for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Horse Trails: Trails start on site.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: Public payphones.
- VCR Movie Library: 75
- DVD Movie Library: 75
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: 30 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 40
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 100
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 34
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 30
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 60 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Native American Reservation/Pueblo: 90 minutes drive.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: 60 minutes drive.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 3 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 30 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 30 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 25 minutes drive.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: 25 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 15 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 30 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Walking distance.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 12 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Paddle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 30 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Whitewater Park (Kayak, Canoe): 30 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Jeep Rentals: 30 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 35 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 90 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 30 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: 30 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Guided Hunts: Yes.
- Drop Camps: Yes.
- Private Land Unguided Hunting On-Site: Yes.
- Rifle Hunting Season: Yes.
- Archery Hunting Season: Yes.
- Muzzle Loading Hunting Season: Yes.
- Bird Hunting (Turkey, Grouse, Pheasant): Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Bear Hunting: Yes.
- Mountain Lion Hunting: Yes.
- Bighorn Sheep Hunting: Yes.
- Moose Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 77, 78, 771, 751,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 60 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: 15 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: 30 minutes drive.