Steamboat Springs KOA Holiday Along the Yampa River
|Visit our Website|
This Family KOA Holiday destination is in Steamboat Springs; you will be in the heart of all the natural wonders you want to experience from fishing or floating the trout-filled Yampa River to tackling the nearby slopes of Mount Werner at Steamboat Ski Resort with World-class hiking and mountain biking trails; and, yes winter skiing.
DELUXE LOG CABINS: Enjoy a home away from home in our large cabin featuring a full kitchen and full bathroom. The shaded deck has a gas grill and patio furniture close to the Yampa River. The cabin sleeps 6 people, bring your own linens or sleeping bags. Pets are not allowed.
COMFY LOG KOTTAGES: Next to pool and playground, these cottages sleep 4 with all beds upstairs in the loft area. Enjoy a kitchenette, half bath, porch with chairs and patio with picnic table and charcoal BBQ. Bring your own linens or sleeping bags. Pets are not allowed.
CAMPING LOG CABINS: One room Kabins have covered porch, charcoal BBQ, firepit, and picnic table. Bring your own linens or sleeping bags. Pets allowed ($). Please Note: There is no bathroom or indoor cooking.
RV SITES: Most sites have full hookups; some are pull-thrus, 50 max amp, 60' max length. 67 WINTERIZED RV SITES perfect for your snowmobiling or skiing vacation.
TENT SITES: Grass pad sites on a large island. There is no better way to reconnect with nature than tenting under the beautiful Colorado sky! Great sites with even better views. Maximum of 6 people per site.
PET POLICY FOR CAMPGROUND AND RV PARK: Pets are allowed at campsites for an additional cost of $5/pet. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site. KampK9 is a dog-friendly, fenced are that gives your 4-legged family member a place to run and play off leash with a cleanup station and fresh water; there are separate areas for large and small dogs.
FACILITY AMENITIES: Bike rentals ($), cable TV, camp store, community firepit, dog park, firewood ($), free bus shuttle, horseshoes, Kamping kitchen, playground, laundry facilities, mini-golf, pavilion, outdoor heated pool (5/24 - 9/16), propane ($), tubing the Yampa, WiFi, dump station.
LOCATION: We are a short drive to Steamboat Springs, a true Western ranching town with unique galleries, shows, dining and a pioneer museum. We are 15 minutes from Steamboat Ski Resort and 25 from Strawberry Park Natural Hot Springs.
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS KOA HOLIDAY is in northwestern Colorado: 3 hours from Denver, Fort Collins, and Grand Junction; and 4 hours from Colorado Springs. Plan a 5 hour drive from Salt Lake City, Utah and an 8 hour drive from Idaho Falls, Idaho. Cheyenne, Wyoming is a 3 hour drive.
ADDRESS: 3603 Lincoln Avenue, Steamboat Springs CO 80487
PHONE: 800-562-7782 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $94 to $330
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $658 to $2310
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 15
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 6
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee. Fishing Equipment.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: Some units.
- Type of Reception: Cable.
- Number of Channels: 65
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Tent Camping Rates: Range from $27 to $63 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $33 to $111 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $6. Kids free under the age of 5. Kids: $6.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Metered Electricity is an additional cost to the monthly rate) On-Season: Range from $775.00 to $925.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 117
- Tent Sites: 21
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 154
- Electric Hookups: 6 sites with electric only.
- Electric & Water Hookups: 29 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 60 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Luxury RV Sites: 5 full hookup sites with 50 amps, 45+ feet long, room for slideouts on two sides and a patio/deck.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 20 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 80 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 55
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 117
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Winterized Sites: 67
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 6700 feet above sea level.
- Region: Steamboat Springs - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor swimming pool. Fishing Equipment. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 15 minutes drive.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): On site.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 30
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 30
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 43
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 100
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 3 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 2 minutes drive.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: 15 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 15 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 10 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 2 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 30 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 2 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 2 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 15 minutes drive.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): 15 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 30 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 20 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 20 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 20 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 2 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 2 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: On site.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 131, 214, 14, 5, 13, 441, 15
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 10 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Tours: 20 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (indoor) Skates Available: 5 minutes drive.