Steamboat Springs KOA Holiday Along the Yampa River
|Visit our Website|
This Family KOA Holiday destination is in Steamboat Springs, Ski Town, USA. Play at a year-round destination where Champaign snow turns the mountain into a summer outdoor wonderland. You will be in the heart of all the natural wonders you want to experience, from fishing or floating the trout-filled Yampa River to tackling the nearby slopes of Mount Werner at Steamboat Ski Resort with world-class hiking and mountain biking trails; and, yes, winter skiing. And after dark, enjoy a campfire under the starry, dark skies above.
SUMMER ATTACTIONS: Fish Creek Falls, attend the Pro Rodeo Series from late-June through mid-August, soak in the historic hot spring pools, horseback ride in aspen tree forests, swing a club at a world-class golf course, sip your way along the Brew Trail, float down the Yampa River, mountain bike or hike Emerald Mountain or Buffalo Pass, shop our Farmers Market for local food, stroll the art galleries, spend a day at Steamboat Lake, meander Yampa River Botanic Park, wander the downtown shopping district, and stand-up paddle-board at Stagecoach Reservoir.
DELUXE LOG CABINS: Enjoy a home away from home in our large cabin, featuring a full kitchen and full bathroom. The shaded deck has a gas grill and patio furniture close to the Yampa River. The cabin sleeps six people; bring your own linens or sleeping bags. Pets are not allowed.
COMFY LOG KOTTAGES: Next to the pool and playground, these cottages sleep four (4), with all beds upstairs in the loft area. Enjoy a kitchenette, half bath, porch with chairs, and patio with a picnic table and charcoal BBQ. Bring your own linens or sleeping bags. Pets are not allowed.
CAMPING LOG CABINS: One-room Kabins have a covered porch, charcoal BBQ, firepit, and picnic table. Bring your own linens or sleeping bags. Pets are allowed ($). Please NOTE: There is no bathroom or indoor cooking.
RV SITES: Most sites have full hookups; some are pull-thrus, 50 max amps, and 60’ max length. 67 WINTERIZED RV SITES are perfect for your snowmobiling or skiing vacation.
TENT SITES: Our grass pad sites on a large island. There is no better way to reconnect with nature than to tent under the beautiful Colorado sky! Great sites with even better views. Maximum of 6 people per site.
PET POLICY FOR CAMPGROUND AND RV PARK: Pets are allowed at campsites for an additional cost of $5 per pet. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site. KampK9 is a dog-friendly, fenced area that gives your 4-legged family member a place to run and play off-leash with a cleanup station and fresh water; there are separate areas for large and small dogs.
FACILITY AMENITIES: Bike rentals ($), cable TV, camp store, community firepit, dog park, firewood ($), free bus shuttle, horseshoes, Kamping kitchen, playground, laundry facilities, mini-golf, pavilion, outdoor heated pool (5/24 - 9/16), propane ($), tubing the Yampa, WiFi, dump station.
LOCATION: We are a short drive to Steamboat Springs, a true Western ranching town with unique galleries, shows, dining, and a pioneer museum. We are 15 minutes from Steamboat Ski Resort and 25 from Strawberry Park Natural Hot Springs.
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS KOA HOLIDAY is in northwestern Colorado, a 3-hour drive from Denver, Fort Collins, and Grand Junction, Colorado; and Cheyenne, Wyoming. 4 hours from Colorado Springs. Plan a 5-hour drive from Salt Lake City, Utah, and an 8-hour drive from Idaho Falls, Idaho.
ADDRESS: 3603 Lincoln Avenue, Steamboat Springs CO 80487
PHONE: 800-562-7782 for current rates, availability, and to book your vacation, please mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $94 to $330
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $658 to $2310
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 15
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 6
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee. Fishing Equipment.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: Some units.
- Type of Reception: Cable.
- Number of Channels: 65
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Tent Camping Rates: Range from $27 to $63 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $33 to $111 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $6. Kids free under the age of 5. Kids: $6.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Metered Electricity is an additional cost to the monthly rate) On-Season: Range from $775.00 to $925.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 117
- Tent Sites: 21
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 154
- Electric Hookups: 6 sites with electric only.
- Electric & Water Hookups: 29 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 60 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Luxury RV Sites: 5 full hookup sites with 50 amps, 45+ feet long, room for slideouts on two sides and a patio/deck.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 20 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 80 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 55
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 117
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Winterized Sites: 67
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 6700 feet above sea level.
- Region: Steamboat Springs - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor swimming pool. Fishing Equipment. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 15 minutes drive.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): On site.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 30
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 30
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 43
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 100
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 3 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 2 minutes drive.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: 15 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 15 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 10 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 2 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 30 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 2 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 2 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 15 minutes drive.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): 15 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 30 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 20 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 20 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 20 minute drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 10 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 2 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 2 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: On site.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 131, 214, 14, 5, 13, 441, 15
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 10 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Tours: 20 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (indoor) Skates Available: 5 minutes drive.