Stone Rabbit Sanctuary Bed & Breakfast Retreat
|Visit our Website|
Stay at Stone Rabbit Sanctuary Bed & Breakfast, a division of the Foundation of Science and Spirituality.
Vacation on 155 beautiful acres of peaceful and secluded land along the Navajo River in the mountains of Southern Colorado. We are surrounded by the (Southern) Ute and (Jilliaro) Apache Indian Reservations. The land it is on, is an archaeological site.
Our Bed & Breakfast is decorated with different artifacts, art, crystals, and minerals to create a tranquil environment.
AMENITIES: WiFi, free parking, animals are welcome, organic breakfasts, and spectacular star gazing on the upper exterior deck of the Center. The kitchen has a refrigerator, stovetop, microwave, and cookware/dishes/utensils.
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS: Soak at one of several HOT SPRINGS POOLS in Pagosa Springs. NAVAJO STATE PARK is Colorado's answer to Lake Powell with fishing, water-skiing, boating, and wildlife watching. Take a drive along the TRACKS ACROSS BORDERS SCENIC BYWAY (125 mile) overlays part of the Denver and Rio Grande Western railroad's old narrow gauge route; built in 1881, the railroad connected Chama New Mexico to Durango Colorado and in 1968 almost all the track was torn up. CHIMNEY ROCK NATIONAL MONUMENT is an amazing archaeological site with stunning rock formations soaring to the heavens.
PLEASE NOTE: We are an ADULTS-ONLY RETREAT in Pagosa Springs
LOCATION: 24 miles South of Pagosa Springs, Colorado. The closest commercial airport is in Durango -- La Plata County Airport (DRO). Car rentals and private shuttles are available at the airport.
PHONE: 970-264-2592 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Please call for rates, thank you.
- Bed and Breakfast (B&B) Rooms with a Shared Bath: 1
- Bed and Breakfast (B&B) Rooms with Private baths: 2
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through High-Speed wired.
- Elevation: 8000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Pagosa Springs Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Remote, far away from a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Ranch setting. Smoke-Free Environment (inside & out).
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Wood Fireplace.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in rental units.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Television: Available.
- Big Screen TV: Available.
- Wide Screen TV: Available.
- VCR: Available.
- VCR Movie Library: 10
- DVD Player: Available.
- DVD Movie Library: 10
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 30 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: On site.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 15 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 30 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Marina: 30 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 30 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 30 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 30 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 30 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 30 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 90 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 30 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.