Stoner RV Resort and Tent Campground
|Visit our Website|
STONER RV RESORT, an intimate 7 acre retreat, surrounded by mountains and 100 foot conifers that provide a secluded setting, hidden from the highway. Come, relax in our beautiful and green-friendly environment. Our on-site amenities and friendly staff will make you feel at home.
The resort was homesteaded in the 1880s; the Original "Tiny House" is still visible from the road, was Mary Janes home until her passing at 93. The chimney is all that remains of a much larger home that stood here long ago, giving scale to the diminutive size of Mary Janes original house.
Fish Dolores River, Lake McPhee and miles of mountain streams. The San Juan National Forest is great deer and elk hunting, hiking, mountain biking, skiing, snowshoeing and snowmobiling.
CAMPFIRE AND BBQ: Each full hookup site has its own firepit, propane BBQ, and picnic table. No-hookup and tent sites have picnic tables and firepits with access to community BBQs at the picnic shelter.
FULL HOOKUP RV SITES: All of our sites are back-in only against the mountain or Stoner Creek. Six of our RV pads are shaded by pines and six decorated with sunny aspens. (6 guest limit).
SELF CONTAINED RV SITES: These pads are large enough for your RV or trailer; however, your van, car and tent are also invited to enjoy these sites. A dump station is available near the front of the resort and potable water is nearby. (6 guest limit).
TENT SITES: We love our OFF-GRID Campers! Our sites are large and have well-defined areas for your portable dwelling along with a parking spot for your vehicle. Sites have water and electric (some sites have shared hookups). For maximum comfort we recommend limiting guests to 4 at these pads. If your traveling with a larger party, please inquire about adjoining campsites.
RESORT AMENITIES: Stoner Camp Store with munchies, soda, souvenirs, gifts, supplies, firewood, ice. Covered picnic and game shelter with propane grills. Food Truck. Family-style bathrooms and laundry facilities.
PETS ARE ALLOWED: Pets must be leashed and attended to at all times. We have a dog park at the front of the resort. As a courtesy to our other guests, you must clean up after your pet.
The 420 Friendly RV Park in Colorado: Our green-loving guests are invited to enjoy two designated social smoking area and the solitude of their private Stoner dwelling (RV, Car, Tent). Please observe all Colorado smoking laws.
RV SITES RATES listed below are for up to 6 people and 2 licensed vehicles (including all trailer types).
LOCATION: In the Four Corners Region of Colorado, 25-1/2 miles northeast of Cortez on Highway 145 along the San Juan Skyway Scenic Byway.
ADDRESS: 25113 CO-145, Dolores CO 81323
PHONE: 970-882-0120 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Fishing Equipment.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Call for Winter Camping Dates.
- Tent Camping Rates: $30 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $40 to $60 a night for two people.
- RV Sites: 30
- Tent Sites: 6
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 36
- Full Hookups: 24 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 24 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 5 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 24
- Elevation: 7420 feet above sea level.
- Region: Dolores Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Remote, far away from a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel. Forested.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fishing Equipment. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): On site.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 25
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 25
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 45 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Native American Reservation/Pueblo: 90 minutes drive.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 15 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 15 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 45 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 25 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 15 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 15 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 5 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 25 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 25 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 75 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 71, 73, 711
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 60 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Snowmobile Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.