Summit Chamber of Commerce
|Visit our Website|
Proudly Serving Colorado's Mountain Communities:
Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, Dillon, Frisco, Keystone, Silverthorne
Summit County's elevation ranges between 8,000 and 14,000+ feet above sea level. Whether you're planning a family vacation, a gathering with friends, a couple's weekend away or fun activities for kids, there is a variety of activities in Summit County.
Frisco, right in the heart of Summit County, bills itself as "Main Street of the Rockies." A vacation in Frisco: fishing, whitewater rafting, hiking, and biking! In the winter, Frisco is the place to launch family adventures in all sorts of winter activities.
13th ANNUAL MAIN STREET TO THE ROCKIES ARTS FESTIVAL: Frisco Main Street August 10-13, 2019. An Art Festival! No matter what you're looking for, you'll be sure to find it with over 80 national and regional artists displaying their original work including sculptures, mixed media, painting, photography, jewelry and much more! This weekend show is located in Frisco between the resort towns of Breckenridge and Copper Mountain. Spend your entire weekend browsing and buying unique pieces of art directly from the individuals that create it.
Dillon offers easy access to I-70. Lake Dillon has a marina for renting boats, a bike path, and shoreline for a relaxing afternoon. Its proximity to the famous Summit County ski areas makes Dillon a convenient spot for winter vacationers to enjoy the slopes.
More of a ski area than a town, Keystone was built to serve skiers; but has embraced the summer vacationer as well. Horseback riding, biking and golfing will fill your summer days. And, in winter a horse-drawn sleigh ride might be just the adventure your winter vacation needs.
Keystone Wine and Jazz Festival: July 13-14, 2019 in River Run Village. The Festival brings more than 300 varieties of wine (red, white, bubbly and everything in between) as part of the festival's Village Grand Tasting event, not to mention the Warren Station Reserve Wine Tasting on Friday evening to kick off the weekend festivities. Top it off with educational wine seminars and smooth (and free) jazz shows all weekend. Bring your glass of wine and listen to our amazing jazz musicians.
Copper Mountain, Colorado
Copper Mountain is a self-contained ski resort. At its' base are unique restaurants, a shopping plaza and new condominiums making the ski-in/ski-out skiers experience one of the best in Summit County.
Breckenridge's quaint main street has a National Historic District designation it is the oldest and largest town in Summit County. Breckenridge has it all from skiing to hiking in the woods, to town events and exploring Main Street.
Oktoberfest in Breckenridge: September 6-8, 2019. The largest street party in the Rocky Mountains, On historic Main Street where Munich meets the mountains for views, brews, yummy food, live music! Three-dozen genuine German cuisine and brew vendors. German-themed games including Hammerschlagan. Bavarian lederhosen, Oompah and polka dancing. Come one; Come All!
Silverthorne provides a less expensive alternative to staying at the base of the mountain. Plus, out-let shopping is a must! The Blue River winds its way through town. The waters designated as "Gold Medal" by the Colorado Wildlife Commission providing outstanding opportunities for large trout fly-fishing.
PHONE: 970-668-2051 -- Call us today for more information: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Elevation: 9173 feet above sea level.
- Region: Summit County - North Central, Colorado
- Restaurant: On site.
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: On site.
- Public Rec Center: On site.
- Golf Course: On site.
- Movie Theater: On site.
- Art Gallery: On site.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: On site.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: On site.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Marina: On site.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Paddle Shop: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: On site.
- Kayaking Rentals: On site.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: On site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: On site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Mine Tours: On site.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: Path starts on site.
- Bicycle Shop: On site.
- Waterfall Trails: Trails start on site.
- Performing Arts Theatre: On site.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: On site.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: On site.
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: Ski in/Ski out.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: On site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: On site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowmobile Rentals: On site.
- Snowmobile Tours: On site.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: On site.
- Sled/Tube Hill Equipment Available: On site.
- Sleigh Rides: On site.