AJ Brink Outfitters at Sweetwater Lake
|Visit our Web site|
|AJ Brink Outfitters at Sweetwater Lake Location Map|
GO WESTERN with AJ Brink Outfitters at Sweetwater Lake
Vacation on the edge of the Flat Tops Wilderness in the grandeur of the White River National Forest. Sweetwater Lake is surrounded by an unforgettable panorama of nature from mountain tops to streams rushing through meadows.
ADVENTURE ON THE EDGE OF THE FLAT TOPS WILDERNESS AREA
See why Chicago Gangsters Al Capone and "Diamond Jack" Alterie found solitude horseback riding and fishing in this tranquil and majestic Colorado mountain hideaway.
AVAILABLE ON-SITE: Numerous trails begin from our Barn. Tour the historic Ute Indian cave on our property and view the pictographs. German Brown Trout, along with Kokanee Salmon fishing should be enjoyed both at the lake and the areas nearby streams.
CAMPSITES: US Forest Service Federal Campground with 6 no hookup sites.
HUMMING BIRDS: Our deck overlooks the Lake and in summer the hummingbirds sing.
A.J. BRINK OUTFITTERS: Is based at the Lake offering horseback rides, wilderness pack trips, and winter rides, pony rides, hunting excursions and fishing trips. Exceptional, custom Flat Tops Wilderness horseback rides and pack trips
PONY RIDE: For your youngest cowkids ( 5 and under). A trip around the corral next toy our barn.
ONE-HOUR HORSE RIDE: Meander through our ranch pastures to a beautiful overlook of the Lake; the perfect ride for young cowboys and cow girls.
SUNSET HORSE RIDE: Meander through pastures to see a beautiful sunset overlook of the Lake with hor d'oeuvres and dinner.
CAVE RIDE: Climb above the Lake for a fantastic view and arrive at a Ute Indian cave with authentic petroglyphs.
HALF DAY RIDE: Ascend to higher grazing pastures with panoramic views of the New York mountains and Sawatch Range. Descend through aspen groves, wildflower fields, mad flowing springs while viewing the wildlife along the trail.
FULL-DAY HORSE RIDE: Journey into the high country of the Flat Tops Wilderness for spectacular views of mountains as far away as the Maroon Bells. Observe the wildlife in their natural habitat. Lunch included. OPTIONAL DESTINATIONS: Hack Lake, Turret Meadows, and Sweetwater Creek.
FISHING TRIP - FULL-DAY: Horseback straight to Hack Lake, Turret Creek, or Sweetwater Creek. and spend the day catching cutthrout or brook trout. Lunch included. You must bring your Colorado Fishing License and all your equipment must fit on the horse. We can provide some gear if needed.
ADVENTURE RIDE: Leave early in the morning and stay in the saddle for our longest ride deep into the Flat Tops Wilderness and return as the sun is setting. Lunch on the trail and dinner at the Chuckwagon are included.
SUMMER PACK TRIP: Two days with one overnight. Ride to our base camp at Sweetwater Creek or Hack Lake. Enjoy everything cooked on an open fire along with dutch oven baking, a real western adventure!
ENHANCE YOUR EXPERIENCE: Add wine, cheese, and gourmet mountain fruit picnic to your any of our rides.
This is also a great area for big game hunting.
NEARBY ACTIVITIES: A museum, golf course, whitewater rafting tours.
We are happy to arrange a float trip on the Colorado River.
Permitted by the US Forest Service Bureau of Land Management, EOE. Outfitters License #370; Licensed, insured. An equal opportunity service provider.
DIRECTIONS: Between Glenwood Springs and Vail. From I-70 take Dotsero exit 133 for 7 miles to Anderson's Camp. Turn west and follow Sweetwater Creek 10 miles.
ADDRESS: 3406 Sweetwater Road, Sweetwater CO 81637
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-524-7344, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors. Groups. Firefighters and Police Officers. Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 7700 feet above sea level.
- Region: Glenwood Springs - Northwest, Colorado
- Region: Sweetwater - Northwest, Colorado
- Region: Vail Area - Northwest, Colorado
- Map Location: Property Location Map
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
FUN THINGS TO DO
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): On site.
- Horse Riding Lessons: On site.
- Cave Tours: On site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Guided Hunts: Yes.
- Drop Camps: Yes.
- Private Land Unguided Hunting On-Site: Yes.
- Rifle Hunting Season: Yes.
- Archery Hunting Season: Yes.
- Muzzle Loading Hunting Season: Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Bear Hunting: Yes.
- Bighorn Sheep Hunting: Yes.
- Moose Hunting: Yes.
- Antelope Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 25, 6, 7, 8,