Texan Resort Estates Cabins
|Visit our Website|
An American Cabin Village along the Lake Fork of the Gunnison -- a River Running Through It. Established in 1946, Texan Resort Estates Cabins are a year-round destination steeped in tradition, history and Western hospitality.
PERFECT FOR ALL OUTDOOR ENTHUSIASTS: Wildlife and nature abound in our rural setting. Delight in seeing deer, bear, moose, antelope and wild fowl!
38 UNIQUE CABINS AND MOUNTAIN HOMES: We offer themed 1 to 8 beds (queen and king) cabins with fully appointed kitchens, cable TV, and WiFi. Some rentals also feature fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs and private balconies. A Texan Resort is a strict non-smoking facility in our cabins and log homes.
RIVERSIDE ACTIVITIES: Fishing, hiking trails, horseshoes, volleyball.
Once a week we have a shared campfire in the evening for barbecues, and other outdoor cooking treats -- a place to gather.
LOCATION: Hinsdale County is designated a Frontier County, the least populated county in Colorado, with 94% of the land offering public access. A short walk from the historic town of Lake City in the San Juan Mountains near Granite Falls.
ADDRESS: 860 County Road 142, Lake City CO 81235
PHONE: 760-533-8714 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $150 to $579
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $977 to $3769
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 13
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 25
- Air Conditioning: None.
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Units with a Private Jetted Bath Tub: 4
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 1
- Units with Wood Stoves: 1
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 13
- Units with a Washer and Dryer: 12
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee. Fishing Equipment.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 120
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: All units.
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Elevation: 8671 feet above sea level.
- Region: Lake City - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor Hot Tub. Wood Stove. Fishing Equipment. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In common area.
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Cable.
- VCR: Available.
- VCR Movie Library: 12
- DVD Player: Available.
- DVD Movie Library: 60
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- High-Speed Wired Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 100
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 150
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 300
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 220
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 30
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 60 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: Walking distance.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Museum: Walking distance.
- Movie Theater: 5 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 5 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 5 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 5 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): Walking distance.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: On site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: On site (off road, back-country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 3 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: On site.
- ATV Sales & Services: On site.
- Mine Tours: 10 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: Trails start on site.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 5 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: Walking distance.
- Hunting in Area: 10 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 66, 67, 76,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 2 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 3 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Tours: 3 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: 2 minutes drive.
- Sled/Tube Hill Equipment Available: On site.