Twin Rivers Cabins and RV Park
|Visit our Web site|
Situated along the Conejos River at 8,000 feet elevation, Antonito is the gateway to 40 miles of the magnificent Conejos Canyon where outdoor enthusiasts fish, hike, hunt, and ride within minutes amidst the breathtaking scenery of the San Juan National Forest thick with pine and aspen. Follow the river up the canyon to Platoro Reservoir -- the fishing is HUGE.
We welcome horses, pets, and large families! Our Camp Store features tackle and light groceries. Overnight boarding is available for your horse. Enjoy WiFi throughout our entire 12 acre campground and inside the cabins.
MOUNTAIN CABINS: Stay in a small, medium, large mountain cabins with kitchens and country decor. AMENITIES INCLUDE: Dish TV, linens, dishes, utensils and an outdoor barbecue and picnic table. Three of the cabins are across the creek with their own separate driveway.
Rent the covered wagon for a real western experience.
CAMP SITES: The open meadow is bordered by huge cottonwood trees and serves as our RV Park with 38 full hookups, and 8 tent sites. Clean shower house and laundry in an enclosed pavilion.
Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve is about a 60 minute drive offering you a day of exploration at the tallest dunes in North America by hiking, sand sledding, wildlife watching and splashing in Medano Creek.
FALL ELK HUNTING SEASON: Our cabins are open allowing you to hunt in units 80 and 81.
GREAT FOR SMALL FAMILY REUNIONS! Screened in pavilion with stove, sink, and large dining area with tables. May, June and September are the best months to have a reunion, as we can give your family the individualized attention you deserve.
LOCATION: Five miles West of Antonito and the Cumbres and Toltec Railroad historic depot along Highway 17 in the village of Mogote on the way to Platoro Reservoir.
ADDRESS: 34044 State Highway 17, Antonito CO 81120
John and Katherine welcomes you!
PLANNING A LATE APRIL OR EARLY MID-NOVEMBER GET-A-WAY; PLEASE CALL FIRST TO SEE IF THE WEATHER ALLOWS US TO BE OPEN.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-376-5710; fax 719-376-5954, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 4/15 to 11/15
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $35 to $115
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $210 to $690
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 8
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
TECHNOLOGY IN UNITS
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 200
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups.
- Camping Open Dates: 4/15 to 11/15
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Call for Winter Camping Dates.
- Tent Camping Rates: $18 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $30 to $33 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $2. Kids free under the age of 5. Kids: $2.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: Range from $179 to $197 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Electricity Included) On-Season: Range from $350 to $375 for two people.
- RV Sites: 38
- Tent Sites: 8
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 46
- Full Hookups: 38 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 14 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 35 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 13
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 38
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 8000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Alamosa - South Central, Colorado
- Region: Antonito - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and serving utensils. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for additional fee or deposit. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on site.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
- Fenced Pasture: On site.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Horse Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Phone: Public payphones.
- Internet Cafe: 20 minutes drive.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 40
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 40
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 50
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 34
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 46
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: 60 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 20 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 60 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 2 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 60 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Waterfall Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Amusement Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 81, 80,