Ute Creek Campground and RV Park
719-379-3238 or 719-588-1126
|Visit our Website|
UTE CREEK CAMPGROUND and RV PARK: Come stay with us a while for great camping, a relaxing walk along Ute Creek, or just to take it easy in south central Colorado.
RV PARK: Camp, fish and relax along Ute Creek. Pull into the BEST RV PARK this side of the Rockies! Beautiful well-manicured full hookup RV sites with room for slideouts that are pull-thru and 45-feet long. The bathhouse was updated in the Spring of 2023!
LOCAL AMENITIES: We are a short walk on a paved path to an indoor swimming pool, hot tub, weights, sauna and volleyball court.
FORT GARLAND ATTRACTIONS: Costilla County Veteran's Memorial Park, Fort Garland Museum and Cultural Center, and the White Mountain Trading Post. Be sure to explore the many sites along the Los Caminos Antiguos Scenic Byway that connects the San Luis Valley towns of Alamosa, Mosca, Fort Garland, and Antonito.
LOCATION: Ute Creek RV PARK is in South Central Colorado 25 miles east of Alamosa and 26 miles from Great Sand Dunes National Park. Our Campground is off Highway 160, North 1 block on Narcisso, West on 5th Avenue.
ADDRESS: 071 5th Avenue, Fort Garland CO 81133
DRIVE TIMES: The drive from Fort Collins will take about 4-1/2 hours south on I-25 to exit 52 to Fort Garland; use these directions for Denver a 3-1/2 hour drive, Colorado Springs a 2-1/2 hour drive, and Pueblo is a 1-1/2 hour drive. From Grand Junction it's a 5 hour drive southeast on US 50, SH 114, US 285 & SH 17 and from Durango, Colorado it's a 3-1/2 hour drive east on US 160. It will take a 4 hour drive north from Albuquerque, New Mexico and 5 hours northwest of Amarillo, Texas. Heading out from Manhattan, Kansas expect to spend just under 9 hour driver west to Ute Creek Campground to enjoy the San Luis Valley in Colorado.
OWNERS: Frosty and Karen, welcome you.
PHONE: 719-379-3238 or 719-588-1126 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: $40 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: $40 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $4. Kids free under the age of 8.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Electricity Included) On-Season: Range from $650.00 to $735.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 24
- Tent Sites: 22
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 46
- Full Hookups: 24 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 20 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 24
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 24
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Winterized Sites: 24
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 8000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Alamosa - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 100
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 44
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 20 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 30 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 1 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 1 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Museum: 1 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 30 minutes drive.
- Indoor Swimming Pool: Walking distance.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 25 minutes drive.
- Jeep Tours: 30 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Tourist Train Rides: Walking distance.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Amusement Rides: 25 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 83