Vestal House @ Tabeguache Park - Bed and Breakfast and RV Park
|Visit our Website|
The Tooker Family renovated the VESTAL HOUSE @ TABEGUACHE PARK. It is one of the oldest homes in Nucla; between 4th and 5th on Main Street. The Grand Opening was in 2020. Guests have been enjoying their family friendly Bed and Breakfast rooms and RV Park.
"Where our love of community, heritage and the outdoors reflect in our rooms and our hospitality." The Vestal House was designated a Montrose County Historic Landmark in 2015.
The historic craftsman home has space for small weddings and reunions. It features a fully equipped guest kitchen, living room and outside patio with BBQ grill.
The Historic Vestal House's newly built B&B Inn has 4 rooms all with private baths, queen beds and WiFi. Each room celebrates "West End" of Montrose County: Uravan, Visionaries, Lodge, and Tabeguache.
The Tabeguache branch of the Ute Indian Tribe named this area "The place where the snow melts first." Nucla is an early spring destination if you're looking to leave winter behind. In the 1890s the Colorado Cooperative Company came to Nucla and built an 18 mile water canal from the San Miguel River beginning a rich history in Nucla's Agriculture roots. In the 1930s the US Vanadium Corporation found the area rich with vanadium ore.
THE LOFT AT TABEGUACHE PARK is a second floor apartment with a bedroom (2 full size beds), bathroom, and original features a short walk from Vestal House where you can enjoy breakfast and the common area.
RV SITES: If you're traveling in a motorhome or towing a trailer, stay in one of our 2 full hookup RV sites.
IN TOWN: Walk to coffee house, pharmacy, gift shop, liqueur store, and Ruth's Toffee. Steps from The Rimrocker Trailhead.
Take a "Sunday drive" and explore our slice of Colorado, adventures off the beaten path, plan to stop and look for treasures from rocks, agate and petrified wood to antlers, skulls and bones. You may not find a bronze box worth millions but the memories you make are priceless. Going out in the mountains is a time to relax and recharge.
LOCATION: Vestal House is in Southwest Colorado along the Unaweep Tabeguache Scenic Byway and the Rimrocker Trail; an OHV Jeep trail that connects Montrose, Colorado to Moab, Utah in Nucla.
ADDRESS: 420 Main St, Nucla CO 81424
PHONE: 970-428-7750 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Please call for rates, thank you.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Lodge Rooms with Cooking Facilities: 1
- Bed and Breakfast (B&B) Rooms with Private baths: 4
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- RV Sites: 2
- Total Sites: 2
- Full Hookups: 2 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 2 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Elevation: 5787 feet above sea level.
- Region: Naturita & Nucla Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: There are pet restrictions, please call and make prior arrangements.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: Walking distance.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Riding distance to trailheads.