Wray Hitch'n Post RV Park and Campground
WRAY HITCH'N POST is a family owned and operated RV Park on the eastern plains of Colorado near Sandsage Wildlife Area and Stalker Lake.
Updated facility nestled in a grove of evergreen and ponderosa trees, ideal for peaceful retreats, and outdoor adventures. An overnight resting place with 20/30/50 amp full hookup pull-thru RV sites. We have covered picnic tables, clean restrooms, dump station, horseshoe pits, and a tenting area.
AREA ATTRACTIONS: Stalker Lake has picnicking, fishing and boating; Sandsage State Wildlife Area offers excellent Pheasant hunting; Prairie Chicken Dances; hiking; a Natural Amphitheater; and a personal favorite wildlife watching.
LOCATION: Denver and Colorado Springs are an enjoyable 3 hour drive away, in Eastern Colorado near Sandsage State Wildlife Area along the Republic River. These grasslands are part of the Colorado Bird Trail and a nesting destination for Orchard Oriole, Indigo Bunting, and Brown Thrashers. Watch for Eastern Kingbird in the more open areas.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: From Yuma take US Highway 34 to US Highway 385, turn South onto Hwy 385 drive one mile the Campground will be on your left. From Colorado Springs, Colorado take US Highway 24 to Burlington at the junctions of I-70 and US Highway 385 drive North 53 miles the RV Park is on your right.
ADDRESS: 34172 Highway 385, Wray CO 80758
PHONE: 970-630-3432 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Tent Camping Rates: $18 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $31 to $33 a night for two people.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: Range from $133 to $165 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Electricity Included) On-Season: Range from $500 to $600 for two people.
- RV Sites: 21
- Tent Sites: 6
- Total Sites: 27
- Electric & Water Hookups: 9 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 12 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 19 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 19 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 12
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 19
- No Campfires Allowed: Thank you for understanding our property has a NO campfire policy.
- Winterized Sites: 11
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 3516 feet above sea level.
- Region: Yuma - Eastern, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Forested.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Vet Services: 5 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 5 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 10 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 5 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 30 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Outdoor Swimming Pool: Walking distance.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 2 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Bike Path: 5 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 30 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 100, 101, 107, 102, 109