Ancient Cedars Mesa Verde RV Park
|Visit our Website|
Ancient Cedars is the closest full service RV Park and Campground to Mesa Verde National Park. Right across from the Park's entrance. Million dollar views!
Easy access for BIG RIGS. Choose from shaded, partly shaded and open sites. Options include regular, premium and deluxe RV sites. Tenting and group camping areas.
Play a round of mini-golf. Enjoy our heated seasonal pool and spa. Log camper cabins.
ALL RIGHT HERE: Clean hot showers, laundry, groceries, gifts, mini-golf, recreation/game room, and a super playground. We also have an Event Barn.
For our furry friends, a 1/2 acre dog park with ramps up and over, tires to jump through and exercise equipment.
FREE WiFi and high speed internet. Good TV reception.
DISCOUNTS: Available for AAA, AARP, GoodSam and Military.
LOCATION: 8 miles east of Cortez at the entrance of Mesa Verde National Park and World Historic Site; 7 miles from Mancos, Colorado.
ADDRESS: 34979 Highway 160, Mancos CO 81328
NEW OWNERS, Brent and Marilyn welcome you!
PHONE: 970-565-3517 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 3/15 to 10/31
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $65 to $67
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 4
- Air Conditioning: All units.
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
Technology In Units
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Camping Open Dates: 3/15 to 10/31
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: Range from $30 to $32 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $38 to $47 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $3.5. Kids free under the age of 6. Kids: $3.5.
- RV Sites: 70
- Tent Sites: 13
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 83
- Electric & Water Hookups: 13 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 57 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 57 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 15 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 56
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 40
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 7000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Mesa Verde Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor Hot Tub. Outdoor swimming pool. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Arcade Games: On site.
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Television: Available.
- DVD Player: Available.
- Fax Machine: Available with an additional fee.
- Internet Cafe: 10 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- High-Speed Wired Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 80
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 80
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 50
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 50
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 70
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 1 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 20 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 20 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 1 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 10 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 15 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 10 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 10 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 10 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 10 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 5 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 25 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 20 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 20 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 20 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: On site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 20 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 45 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 20 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 15 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 10 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: On site.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 71, 73, 74, 771, 741,