Arbor House Inn Bed & Breakfast on the River
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
|Visit our Web site www.arborhouseinnco.com|
The Arbor House Inn, beautifully situated on the banks of the South Fork of the Rio Grande, offers its guests the experience of a peaceful, mountain getaway in their choice of five beautifully decorated guest rooms.
The entire inn is designed in a spirit of casual, mountain elegance, and each guest room has a private bath, satellite TV, DVD player, WiFi, phone, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee service, chocolates, hairdryers, and robes. In addition, our HONEYMOON SUITE, the Lovin' Oven, features a candelabra fireplace and whirlpool tub. Lovin' Oven guests have the option of having breakfast in the dining room in the company of other inn guests or delivered to the privacy of their guest room. A full breakfast is served daily in the dining room or, in the warmer months, al fresco on the large deck overlooking the river.
OUTDOOR AMENITIES: Include several quiet sitting areas along the river, a rustic log arbor with dining table and firepit, a picnic area with barbeque grill and firepit, and a canopied hot tub on the large backyard deck overlooking beautifully landscaped grounds. Guests at the Arbor House Inn are welcome to cast a line in the private waters of the South Fork just steps from Arbor House doors and are encouraged to get out and enjoy the many outdoor activities that are abundant in the surrounding area all year long.
OUR NEWEST ADDITION: The Cottage on the Creek -- separate, private accommodation perfect for guests requiring an extended stay. Featuring a large living and dining area, fully equipped kitchen and laundry, master bedroom with king bed and bath, second bedroom with queen bed and full bath directly across the hallway, satellite TV and WI-FI. The large deck perched directly on the river offers fantastic views and is perfect for early morning coffee or an evening glass of wine. As the Cottage is separate from the main Arbor House Inn, guest privileges do not include breakfast nor access to the hot tub. On-site access to the river and fishing privileges are included.
GIFT CERTIFICATE: For those guests wishing to share their bed-and-breakfast experience with family, friends or business associates, we recommend a gift certificate for a stay at the Arbor House Inn; available for specific rooms or for specific dollar amounts.
LOCATION: Near Milepost Marker 185 on US Highway 160, about a mile south of the junction of US 149 and 160. Look for the brown and green two-story down by the river.
ADDRESS: 31358 US Highway 160, South Fork CO 81154
INNKEEPERS and YOUR HOSTS: Keith & Laurie Bratton.
For Current Rates and Availability or to Make Reservations: 719-873-5012 -- Mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $145 to $325
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 1
- Bed and Breakfast (B&B) Rooms with Private baths: 5
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: All units.
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Units with a Private Jetted Bath Tub: 1
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 1
- Units with a Washer and Dryer: 1
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
TECHNOLOGY IN UNITS
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 200
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: Most units.
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: Some units.
- DVD Player in Units: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Stay & Play Packages Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 8200 feet above sea level.
- Region: South Fork Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel. Forested.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor Hot Tub. Wood Fireplace. Gas OR Electric-Log Fireplace. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Spa Services: On-site for an additional fee, call for prices and availability.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in private rental units.
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Phone: In private rental units.
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- VCR: Available.
- VCR Movie Library: 25
- DVD Player: Available.
- DVD Movie Library: 100
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: 2 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- High-Speed Wired Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Weddings. Elopements. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 20
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 75
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 10
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: 90 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 2 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 30 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 5 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 5 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Internet Cafe: 2 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Fly Shop: Walking Distance.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 1 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 1 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 1 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 1 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 2 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: Walking distance.
- Waterfall Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 5 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 10 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 76, 79, 80,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 20 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: Within walking distance.
- Snowshoe Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: 10 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Tours: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: 1 minutes drive.
- Sled/Tube Hill Equipment Available: 10 minutes drive.
- Sleigh Rides: 10 minutes drive.