Bear Paw Lodge Cabins and Vacation Homes
|Visit our Website|
BEAR PAW LODGE CABINS AND VACATION HOMES is an easy walk to recreation at Vallecito Lake with full service marina's renting fishing, boats, pontoons, canoes, and paddle boats. Vacation along the lake or creek and surrounded by the San Juan National Forest, an ancient forest of ponderosa pine trees (PRO TIP: If the trees smell sweet like butterscotch or vanilla and it's tall, skinny with long needles it's a Ponderosa).
Bear Paw Lodge is a family vacation destination offering relaxing and comfortable mountain cabins and home rentals.
WE ARE PET AND KID FRIENDLY.
FAMILY VACATION and REUNION AMENITIES: Fully equipped kitchens, BBQ grills, fireplace or woodstove, Satellite TV, WiFi, volleyball and badminton. Playground with swings, sandbox and horseshoes. Gather around our central campfire pit for a family evening of roasting marshmallows and watching the night sky.
FAMILY FRIENDLY ATTRACTION TO EXPLORE: horseback riding, rafting, fall foliage tours, hiking trails, fishing, hunting, archeological tours, and the Durango Silverton Narrow Gauge Train. In winter enjoy snowmobiling, sledding and night skiing at Hesperus Ski Area, and downhill skiing and boarding at Purgatory Ski Resort.
LOCATION: In the heart of the FOUR CORNERS Area in Southwest Colorado, Bear Paw is 22 miles northeast of Durango near Vallecito Lake. Grand Junction is a 4 hour drive north; Colorado Springs is a 5-1/2 hour drive; Denver is a 6 hour drive; Fort Collins is a 7 hour drive; and Phoenix, Arizona is an 8 hour drive.
DIRECTIONS: From Grand Junction take US 50 to Montrose then US 550 to Ouray up and over the Million Dollar Highway to Silverton and into Durango; at the City Market turn East (left) onto East 32nd St (CR 240) for 16 miles to County Road 501, turn north (left) toward Vallecito Lake. Drive 14 miles along the Lake; Bear Paw is on your left. From Denver head south on US 285 to Center Colorado, turn west (right) onto CO 112 to Del Norte where you will turn west (right) onto US 160 go over Wolf Creek Pass into Pagosa Springs and in Bayfield turn north (right) onto County Road 501 for 18 miles Bear Paw is on your left.
ADDRESS: 18011 County Road 501, Bayfield CO 81122
PHONE: 970-884-2508 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/1 to 10/31
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $110 to $240
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: Always required, please call for details.During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 7
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 6
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 13
- Units with a Washer and Dryer: 6
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: Most units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 20
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: Some units.
- DVD Player in Units: Some units.
- Internet Access in Units: Most units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Elevation: 8000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Durango - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel. Forested.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in designated Pet Friendly rental units. When making a reservation, be sure to ask for one of these units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
Technology For Guests To Use In a Common Area
- Phone: In common area.
- VCR Movie Library: 50
- High-Speed Wired Internet: Available free.
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 75 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Casino Gambling: 45 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 1 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Marina: 1 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 5 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 45 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 45 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 45 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Waterfall Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 75, 77, 751