Cabins on the Ranch - Escape to the Peaceful Wet Mountain Valley
719-458-9200 and 719-299-2050
|Visit our Website|
CABINS ON THE RANCH - Escape to the Peaceful Wet Mountain Valley, in the southern Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Adventure awaits with an abundance of hiking trails, International Dark Sky, and small town hospitality.
We have thoughtfully renovated and designed our ranch lodging for your couples retreat or family holiday. Nestled in the heart of our four-generation family ranch, our freshly updated house, cottage, and creekside bungalow are fully stocked and ready for your much deserved getaway.
Enjoy all the charm and heritage of the ranch from abundant wildlife to Spruce, Aspen, and Ponderosa Pines to miles and miles of pastures rolling up to the base of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. We’re near Westcliffe, the Rainbow Trail, and the Arkansas River with easy access to the Royal Gorge, Cañon City, and Salida.
WEDDING AND EVENTS at HILLSIDE: Rizza is a certified event planner, she will help you create the day of your dreams. This 10 acre mountain venue has a hillside hall, willow grove, and modern cabins for your private use. Your friends and family will love this Colorado Destination!
LOCATION: Cabins on the Ranch is in South Central Colorado's Wet Mountain Valley between Westcliffe and Texas Creek just off Colorado Highway 69.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Starting in Colorado Springs take CO Highway 115 to Penrose where you will turn west (right) onto US 50. Drive through Cañon City, past the Royal Gorge Mountain Park to Texas Creek. Turn south (left) onto CO Hwy 69, in just over 11 miles you'll turn right onto CR 198. Starting from Trinidad take I-25 north to CO Highway 69 at exit 56, stay on CO 69 for 111 miles, you'll drive through Westcliffe to Country Road 198, turn left.
DRIVE TIMES: 3 hours southwest of Denver, 1-1/2 hours from Colorado Springs; and 2 hours from Trinidad. 5 hours northeast of Durango; and 5 hours southeast of Grand Junction. From Amarillo, Texas the drive is about 6 hours; from Oklahoma City it's just under 9 hours and from Wichita, Kansas it's about 8-1/2 hours to drive to Cabins on the Ranch.
ADDRESS: 150 County Road 198, Westcliffe CO 81252
PHONE: 719-458-9200 and 719-299-2050 -- For Current Rates and Availability; To Book Your Vacation: mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- About Smoking: Smoking units available.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 3
- Cabin-Suites Attached-Multi-Unit with Cooking Facilities: 3
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 3
- Ski In/Ski Out: Some units.
- Units with King Beds: Most units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Units with a Washer and Dryer: 1
Technology In Units
- Units with TV: All units.
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: All units.
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless. Through High-Speed wired.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Firefighters and Police Officers. Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 7800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Royal Gorge Area - South Central, Colorado
- Region: Westcliffe - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested. Ranch setting.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and serving utensils. Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in rental units.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Horse Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Weddings. Elopements.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 8
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
Primarily Year Round Activities
- National Park OR Monument: 60 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 30 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Art Gallery: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 15 minutes drive.
Primarily Summer Activities
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 30 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 30 minutes drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 30 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 30 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Guided Hunts: Yes.
- Drop Camps: Yes.
- Rifle Hunting Season: Yes.
- Archery Hunting Season: Yes.
- Muzzle Loading Hunting Season: Yes.
- Bird Hunting (Turkey, Grouse, Pheasant): Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Bear Hunting: Yes.
- Mountain Lion Hunting: Yes.
- Antelope Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 82, 83